Sunday ride - 6/9/13 - Bear Mountain, NY

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in. Anyone want to meet up on the way? Let me know.

We're going to be taking 287 North from exit 17 all the way up to Palisades mall.
Route 17 to Garden State Pkwy makes the most sense from JC, but if you feel like doing extra miles, figure out any exit on 287 and we can meet there.

You can take 17 all the way into 287 or route 208 (I've never ridden this one).

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
We're going to be taking 287 North from exit 17 all the way up to Palisades mall.
Route 17 to Garden State Pkwy makes the most sense from JC, but if you feel like doing extra miles, figure out any exit on 287 and we can meet there.

You can take 17 all the way into 287 or route 208 (I've never ridden this one).

Just looked at the map and you're right. Makes the most sense if I just shoot up the parkway. I'll meet you guys there at 9:45AM.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am blowing off work tomorrow. I need some damn rest. I haven't ridden my bike in months now. Totally unacceptable.

See yalll tomorrow.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I couldn't make it. Been burning it at both ends. Today I slept to 10:30a. I guess it needed sleep a bit more than riding. To meet you all at 9:45 would have meant getting up by 7:15 today.. just wasn't going to happen.

I know the weather is good and I am sure you guys are really carving it up, so enjoy and please post lots of photos. Never get tired of seeing them

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got home safe and sound. Ride was awesome today. Got to sweep through some nice roads around Carmel, NY and Bear Mountain was better than the last time I went. Aside from a couple of closed roads and Anthony unfortunately losing his GoPro camera (mount snapped off somewhere during the ride), two thumbs up.

I'm sure Eric will post some pictures at some point. Nice meeting those of you I hadn't yet met before today.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a lot of fun w everyone today! I found my go pro! I walked the whole road n I found it behind one of those side boulders in the greens...the case is cracked but the camera is still good! I'm mad it wasn't recording that would've been a good YouTube video lol. hope everyone got home safely!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a lot of fun w everyone today! I found my go pro! I walked the whole road n I found it behind one of those side boulders in the greens...the case is cracked but the camera is still good! I'm mad it wasn't recording that would've been a good YouTube video lol. hope everyone got home safely!

NICE, Anthony!! Glad you found it. :thumbup:

.. oh.. I too am home safe :D
report to folllow

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site

That is crazy that you found it!!! Awesome! Good thing a car or bike didn't get to it. Also thanks for the tip on the seat gonna get that installed asap.

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im home safe as well. Good for you Ant on finding the camera! I thought it was a gonner. As usual, I had a detour on the way home, but no biggie. The weather was great so I didnt mind. I did set a personal best on mileage...517.4 Time wise...I hit the road at 0530 and got home at 2045:thumbup: And my azz is reminding me how awesome the stock seat is:BLAA:
It was really great seeing everybody again! We got to hit some more awesome roads and ate some good grub. Hope to do this again!

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great day in the saddle! 11 hours and a whole lot of miles :D
Just wish my GPS wasn't so evil (sure it gets me home, but it picks the worst route possible!)

Few pictures:

19909502.jpg

51085478.jpg

22292147.jpg

34583754.jpg

20235487.jpg

Left to right: David (cmantis), Kerri (happyker), Joe (motojoe122)

90559721.jpg

Left to right: Anthony (QwickFliCk), Tom (trepetti), Nick (ticktock)

48195712.jpg

Left to right: David (cmantis), Menu (menu), Joe (motojoe122)

53841391.jpg