Sunday ride - 6/9/13 - Bear Mountain, NY

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm planning to head out from Hillsborough at 9. Haven't decided if I'll do Bear Mountain or NJ/PA loop, but figure I'll be out for 5-6 hours.
Any takers?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm planning to head out from Hillsborough at 9. Haven't decided if I'll do Bear Mountain or NJ/PA loop, but figure I'll be out for 5-6 hours.
Any takers?
I might be in, sundays are rough for an all day ride. I'd love to do Bear Mtn tho:thumbup:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im down to do the bearmountain loop. might bring a couple friends :thumbup: i made a few adjustments to the route we did before(even less highway). they closed off a couple of roads last time i went. if anything ill go tomorrow n check it out :D if anyone is down tomorrow to come w/ let me know

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im down to do the bearmountain loop. might bring a couple friends :thumbup: i made a few adjustments to the route we did before(even less highway). they closed off a couple of roads last time i went. if anything ill go tomorrow n check it out :D if anyone is down tomorrow to come w/ let me know

Cool. If I decide to do Bear Mtn, usual palisades mall lot at 9:45?

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm here in West Point right now. So far so clear...there are some construction workers putting up electric poles along rt106 n the second part of that road to glen wood lake is closed off. I'm headed to Carmel in a couple of mins ill keep u guys updated n it's gunna rain hard tonight n tomorrow hopefully no flooding n no road changes:confused:

update: sry guys had to turn around n head back home. got caught in a cloud burst didnt want to risk it.

Last edited:

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
shoot. missed long island last weekend and will miss this one as well. will have to catch the next one. have a great ride!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK.. Bear Mountain it is! Anthony, please confirm 9:45 is an OK time to meet. I also need to post up this road I found (not sure if you know it).. it was amazing the last few times I hit it!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in for sure.....SO.......
lets-ride_o_134792.jpg

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea 9:45 is good and yes tiorati road is absolutely awesome been going there for a long time even when it was closed! last season it was closed to the public and the road was kinda bad but they just re paved half of it recently! there is two parts of that road that collect a lot of fine gravel for some reason just a heads up. Honestly the best part of that road is the end because there's an easy u turn to just do it again lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys have a great ride Sunday. Us West Coast brothers are representin in Idyllwild tomorrow. Be safe!
Love,
Dad :BLAA:

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Eric I would be down but I need to fix that rear tire hugger the duct tape isn't cutting it. I tried to glue it after I got home last time with two part plastic epoxy but I guess its made out of one of the two types of plastic it said it wouldn't stick to. Almost took out my rear turn signal. You have any suggestions? If not I could just take it off.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You have any suggestions? If not I could just take it off.

That is my suggestion: take it off.

Permanent fix would be to either try to "weld" it with additional plastic or bite the bullet and replace it.. keep your eyes open for part-out threads and check eBay.

If you're coming tomorrow, we have to leave from my house at 8:30.