Sunday March 4, 2012 (Elgin, TX, to Livingston, TX)

D

Dave.TX

Thought I'd let anyone in the area (central and east Texas) know that a few of us are going on a ride to Lake Livingston and through the Davy Crockett National Forest in east Texas. We'll be meeting at the Valero gas station at County Line Road on Hwy 290 on the west side of Elgin around 8:00am.

There will be myself on an FZ6, Greg on a Honda NT700V and Britt on (if I remember right) a Honda dual sport. There may be others but as far as I know it's just us 3 for now. Greg rides at a leisurely pace (from what he tells me) when he leads but it sounds like he doesn't want to lead much. I tend to twist my wrist more when leading. Britt apparently likes a brisk pace also. I haven't been riding with either before but have met them previously. All of us are on the Two Wheeled Texans forum.

We'll probably stop for lunch somewhere around Livingston then head to Davy Crockett NF and then back towards Austin. We'll also be riding through the Sam Houston NF.

Gimme a PM or text or phone call by Sunday morning if you want to join us. Yes the trip will be over 400 miles and take pretty much most of the day. If you live near where we'll be passing or heading to send me a text and when we stop for gas or whatever up I'll check my phone, 512-8 two 6-8473.

Dave :iconbeer:

Last edited by a moderator: