Summer jacket? Winter jacket?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, since i'll be getting a bike asap, i figured i'd check up on what summer/winter gear you guys use (jackets specifically)...thanks ahead of time! :thumbup:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Textile mesh armored jackets are the only thing you should consider for hot weather riding. They protect well but once you are moving the air just passes right through and keeps you cool! I have never sweat in my Icon armored Mesh jacket even when it's over 95 degrees F!

This is a killer deal on a nice textile mesh with Titanium armor! Would buy this if I didn't already have a decent one.
Icon TiMAX 2 Mesh Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a perforated leather jacket (I believe it's Frank Thomas) for summer. It does get a little hot, but I just roll the throttle ;-)
For early spring/fall riding - Firstgear Kilimanjaro - absolutely loving it! in combination with overpants, winter gloves and a mask under helmet - can ride into 20-ies.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear a 2-in-1 made by Olympia. Works 365 days a year. Without liner it's cool enough in 90 degree weather. With liner it's waterproof and keeps me warm at 40.. anything colder and I'd either need a big screen or heated gear, but that may just be me.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the thread. I am shopping for the same myself. I really like the Icon jacket because it gives me something I have never had. Abs. It's all about the look right? LOL.

sov

Reaction score
Visit site
TX is a bit different weather-wise than NY, but some of this may help...

I don't ride when temperatures hit the 20s. Generally for riding in the 30s and 40s I wear a FieldSheer perforated leather jacket with liner - and a couple of layers underneath that. For riding in the mid 50s through 70s I wear the same jacket without the liner. For riding in the 80s and 90s I wear a textile mesh jacket (Joe Rocket Phoenix 5) - with the liner I can ride in cooler temps. And for the 100+ days a mesh jacket (Joe Rocket Ballistic) with cool vest - basically July, August, and Sept most years.