Subtle handlebar change...

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
not being happy with the stock FZ6 bars, and not really liking the FZ1 bars (too straight)....I picked up some FZ6R bars....rise is the same as the FZ6 bars, width is about 3/8" less per side...the big thing is the pull back...1" less at the ends...I don't have to bend my wrists at a funky angle anymore to have the grips straighter across the palms of my hands.....

bgod

Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed, this is a great upgrade as I have it done on my 05fz6.

My bike blew over during a storm and bent the right portion of the stock bar last year.

The fz6r bolted right up and the wrist position is so much more comfortable and a bit more aggressive. The riding position changed a bit and turn in is much easier now.

However, the fz6r bar is still less aggressive then the fz1 bar so it's a good trade off in terms of comfort and handling.

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
like I said, everything is the same except for overall width and pull back. Here is the difference in angle at the ends....The 2009 FZ6R bar is the top one, stock 2007 FZ6bar is the bottom one...the one inch less pullback makes a big difference just sitting on the bike now......just need some good weather now...

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
liek I said, everything is the same except for overall width and pull back. Here is the difference in angle at the ends....The 2009 FZ6R bar is the top one, stock 2007 FZ6bar is the bottom one...

It is a subtle difference, but would definitely be noticeable, especially after a ong stint in the saddle...

:thumbup:

Oh, thanks for the pic. :thumbup:

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
rode it for the first time this weekend using the R model bars....a very nice change in hand position....less wrist bend

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
rode it for the first time this weekend using the R model bars....a very nice change in hand position....less wrist bend

good to know, and where in Oh are you? North? South? Reason I ask is that I have had some pretty intense surgery on both my hands/wrists and Id really like to sit on your FZ with the FZ6R bars installed to see if it feels better on my gimpy wrists. If you are close to Cincy,and are game to let me sample your setup(just sit on the bike, dont need to ride it), let me know. Thanks.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
So the FZ6R is good for something after all...

Just Kidding all you 'R' owners!!!!!!!

:spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to install FZ1 bars, but am now going to go with the FZ6R bars. I don't find the OEM FZ6 bars uncomfortable on short rides, it's just that on longer rides (over an hour) the sharp 'pull back' of the bars tends to force my elbows in and up, so the "inside bend" of my elbows are facing upwards, and my shoulders start to push up....that becomes very uncomfortable after a while.
I won't be able to install them until the end of the month, but will let you all know how I find the FZ6R bars compared to the OEM FZ6 bars.