stupid harleys

my husband wants to add: They should all be made to wear orange triangles on their backs because they are slow moving traffic!

my husband wants to add: They should all be made to wear orange triangles on their backs because they are slow moving traffic!

Now that is one of the better ideas I've heard in a long time! :thumbup:

Can't we all just get along......:D me personaly,I just ride,and enjoy myself while i'm doing it....the only thing that get's me upset on the roads is when somebody tries to run over me..other than that I pass when I want and I follow happily when I can't.and I like all 2 wheeled machines brand's only matter to me when i'm buying a bike.I prefer Yamaha...:D

Don't forget the used spark plugs! :rockon:

Throw new ones, then they can pull over and replace the ones they have been fowling out for the last 50 miles. :D

In all seriousness, I have had some good times on rides with Harley guys. I think its when you see the guys who have bought the image package with the bike is when you get into the stereotypes. The guys I have ridden with are not afraid to open up those big a$$ engines and kick them a little sideways. And i have started to appreciate some of those bikes a bit more, over priced for sure but there are some eye catchers out there.

In all seriousness, minus the spelling and stereotypes, I do want to know if there's "etiquette" when passing a group of slow Harleys/cruisers. I'm a new rider and would like to know if I do anything wrong when on the road. My gut tells me that as long as I'm safe when passing, it's all good. But do the Harley guys take offense when sportbikes pass them?

I work with a few guys that are Harley riders and some of them are pretty hard core. I've asked the question directly to a couple of them and they all answered pretty much the same way. Act like you respect them and indicate you are going to go by. Do it safely - not in a blind curve while they are two wide - and usually they'll make room and on your way you go.

Like anything else in life, there's no guarantees. It really doesn't matter what they drive or ride some people are just dicks and will react badly to the most innocent action. :D

Hardly Ablesons is what I call em.

Yes i do respect people who ride them, but i will never own one.

I notice that about 75% of the hog riders around here do not wave to me. It is either that im wearing a helmet or riding a sportbike.

I always wave to em but i throw them one of these everytime:

Bikes are generally easy to pass, so no issues there for me. I've had HD guys wave me by tons of times and I've had them act completely oblivious too

It's the cages that refuse to use the pull outs even though there is a "SLOWER TRAFFIC USE PULLOUTS" sign every 5 miles and they are going 35/40 in a 55 that really get under my skin. And then there are the ones that go slow as sin but still constantly cross the doule yellow on left-handers...ugh!

I make every effort I can to thank those that let me by and those that make room for lane splitting (usually with a beep and a big wave). I wish I could calmly explain to the rest how rude they are being and how crossing the double-yellow is dangerous!

Last edited:
Hardly Ablesons is what I call em.

Yes i do respect people who ride them, but i will never own one.

I notice that about 75% of the hog riders around here do not wave to me. It is either that im wearing a helmet or riding a sportbike.

I always wave to em but i throw them one of these everytime:

hahaha ... the old fling A-HOLE. Haven't seen that used in a long time

Back