stripping...

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe you will find the headlight to be very expensive... particularly because of the Euro <-> USD exchange rate... I had gotten a quote from a dealer in France for 450E... = 600+USD...

Good luck anyway and I hope to see a lot of pics of Naked Fizzers in here soon :)

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
we dont need to get an oem headlight at all. if anything, there's gotta be aftermarket ones that are better.

my main thing is mounting the instrument cluster. everything else seems simple enough...or at least from what I remember about yoru bike.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I`ve done quite a lot of google researching for headlights, and I am either bad at google, or there aren`t that many good headlights out there (at least in terms of quality, looks, & universal mounting...)... but I`d love to see other ppl report their findings... (I am personally not interested in off-road type headlights anymore, which, to me, simply look cheap & are made of bendable plastics...)

Rob_the_tyrant

Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed with that, even though when you take a turn, you don`t really turn the front wheel that much at all... you lean the bike more than anything else.
Bottom line is it's a non-issue.

truth, but in slow corners... ie city intersections and what not there will be fork movement so it'd help then.

The long and short of it is to do the Euro swap, it's just not financially feasable to do it. Unless you've got some serious cash lying around that you need to throw out the window... It's MUCH easier AND less expensive to just figure it out with an Acerbis or UFO healdight or something like that. There are a bunch out there. there are alot of set ups for Dual Purpose bikes that are DOT stamped.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with you, much better to do it yourself... where I disagree is about the Acerbis and UFO... I think that these headlights are **** for our wonderful FZ6 :) don't take me wrong, I have an Acerbis on right now, I am just not happy with the quality of it and the "not so bright" light output (at least for the Cyclops). I believe our bike deserves much better than that! But hey, everyone has different tastes and standards :Sport:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
I might be able to get these parts out to any interested parties. If it's worth the $$$ then we can do a group buy.

So whoever has an interest in doing this mod, get me a parts list of what is required to do the conversion and I will locate the part #'s here locally (Greece) and get pricing.

PS we can avoid customs charges as I will be sending these through the USPS Priority Mail. ;) ;) ;)

Someone get him a parts list so we can get pricing! I've sent at least 25 people here from another messageboard!!!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Someone get him a parts list so we can get pricing! I've sent at least 25 people here from another messageboard!!!

LoL PCHBreeze, you may have jumped the gun here... it's not as easy as you think... there is no "official" parts list that exist out there for this conversion... and I believe that every person who did the conversion used different approach/method, and thus different parts...

However, the "clean" way to do it, if you want to use only OEM parts will require the following (I don`t have the actual OEM PNs, unfortunately, because that would be proprietary info to Motoxtreme homepage, which to my knowledge are the only one with such a kit... and keep in mind, this will probably NOT WORK FOR 2007 FZ6s):

- Headlight Assy Model: FZ6-NT (2005)
- A bunch of GROMMETs, per attached diagram..
- COVER, UPPER 1 Model: FZ6-NT (2005)
- GUIDE, WIRE Model: FZ6-NT (2005)
- COVER, UPPER 2 Model: FZ6-NT (2005)
- STAY, SETTING Item Quantity: 1 Part Number: 1HX-27415-00x Model: FZ6-NT (2005)
- PLATE, DAMPER Model: FZ6-NT (2005)
- CLAMP Model: FZ6-NT (2005)
- BOLT, FLANGE Model: FZ6-NT (2005)
- SCREW Model: FZ6-NT (2005)
- STAY, HEADLIGHT FZ6-NT (2005)
- SEAL Model: FZ6-NT (2005)
- COVER, METER
- Mirrors (for Naked model)
- + some misc items probably... (?)

My recommendation would be to fax/email the diagram to a local Yamaha dealer, after talking to him on the phone to explain what we are doing, and have him investigate... again, not that easy as it sounds...

With all that being said, I strongly believe that doing the conversion yourself -without using only OEM parts- would be much easier... it took me a few days of investigation (which is summarized in my above post) and a day of work and it was done... it's clean and properly done... no real reason to go with only OEM parts imho... except for the headlight maybe, if you like it.

Anyways...

Good luck!
D~

Last edited:

Rob_the_tyrant

Reaction score
Visit site
Even a Yamaha dealer is going to have trouble with that one. I am one... Nesco/Nesco South. I've checked into this intensively and came up with nothing promising. It's pretty much because yamaha dealers don't have access to Euro-fiche. So unless anyone one here is already in Europe and can get the numbers for EVERYTHING you'd need to swap, it's next to impossible. And the other thing is when doing a swap like this you'll almost always end up with something overlooked or forgotten and then you get to spend an insane amount of money importing something stupid and small. To make matters worse... it's insanely difficult for a US dealer to get anything from Yamaha Europe because their part numbers don't exsist over here.

And yeah, the Cyclopse sucked balls... but the Diamond is much more gooder :rockon:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so lets rethink this differently.
Do we want:
A. All oem parts?
B. Just the ability to do it better?

I dont want anymore OEM crap...especially a headlight. I guess all we need is the mounting bracket for the instrument cluster and something to protect it from the elements. I say B.

I'm going to have to check with wavex and his bike on this and get back to this topic.

To be honest, if all we need is a bracket for the instrument cluster and a headlight, I can probably find someone to make a bunch of the brackets to our specs and sell it myself.
I think that headlights should be customized. We should NOT look for any FZ6 specific headlight though. I'm sure we can get whatever we want if we check cruiser websites. I dont expect any problem mounting it and wiring shouldn't be a big deal either.

brows141

Naked Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe you will find the headlight to be very expensive... particularly because of the Euro <-> USD exchange rate... I had gotten a quote from a dealer in France for 450E... = 600+USD...

Good luck anyway and I hope to see a lot of pics of Naked Fizzers in here soon :)

450 shipped? Is that with customs fees?

brows141

Naked Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
WaveX can you upload a larger version of the diagram? or pm me and I'll send you my email address.

As far as US dealerships getting these parts it is not an issue as I am located in Europe and have the ability to ship via the USPS (no customs) ;)

Rob_the_tyrant

Reaction score
Visit site
brackets for the speedo are pretty easy... a couple of U-bolts and a peice of 1/8 inch steal with some bends in it and holes drilled. Cake walk! With my bros we went with the K.I.S.S. method(keep it simple stupid) and just made a braket to mount to one bar clamp and tightened it down and just put the speedo on that.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
450 shipped? Is that with customs fees?

negative... that was just the headlight itself (I have relatives in France who would have bought and shipped it to me (free)... which is actually what I am doing with the KMP headlight (same price hehe)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
WaveX can you upload a larger version of the diagram? or pm me and I'll send you my email address.

As far as US dealerships getting these parts it is not an issue as I am located in Europe and have the ability to ship via the USPS (no customs) ;)

negative... thats the only one I have... click on it, then right click to save it to your comp... I know the quality sucks...
Where r you from? (I was born in France and moved out here a few years ago)

brows141

Naked Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't forgoten about you guys, I have my bike booked in for service on Monday. We will work out the details with the parts supervisor then ;)

*****WaveX can you upload a larger version of the diagram?****
I need this for reference.

brows141

Naked Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
as far as the price, well guys it doesn't hurt to ask. As far as the pricing in france well even though Greece and France are part of the European Union there is no regulation on having fixed pricing so there might be a difference.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't forgoten about you guys, I have my bike booked in for service on Monday. We will work out the details with the parts supervisor then ;)

*****WaveX can you upload a larger version of the diagram?****
I need this for reference.

Sorry bro, as mentioned in my previous post, that's the only one I have...

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
hey wavex, how'd that kmp k5 headlight you ordered work out? any pics?

UPS lost it... 2 weeks later they found it stuck in customs (still in their Paris location)... I was pissed as you can imagine, but they promised delivery mid to end of next week.

I will definitely post pics when I have it on the Fizzer.