• Welcome to the Yamaha FZ6 Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.

Question Stretched Timing Chain Or CCT Issue

vanness

New Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2026
Messages
20
Reaction score
13
Points
3
Location
Cambodia
Visit site
Hello, during my valve clearance check I've noticed that I was having a hard time lining up all 3 gears, while both cam gears are lined up crank gear doesn't. Is it caused by stretched chain or the CCT gives out (or something else). Note that the bike has no rattling noise, jerky throttle response at low speed and it has 80K KM on the clock. I never work on an engine before, advices are appreciated, thank you.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9435.jpeg
    IMG_9435.jpeg
    894 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9433.jpeg
    IMG_9433.jpeg
    578.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9434.jpeg
    IMG_9434.jpeg
    611 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9436.jpeg
    IMG_9436.jpeg
    702.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9437.jpeg
    IMG_9437.jpeg
    549 KB · Views: 3
Plus 1 ^^^

-Start with the crank mark on TDC / block mark.

-Get the chain taught to the exhaust cam-(Both marks should line up to the block / head).

-Now, get the chain taught to the intake cam (again marks should line up).

-Take out chain slack with the CCT on the rear run...

-Done...

.
 
You really have to inspect them for wear. If noticeably worn, they need replacement.

With 50,000 miles on the clock, and your replacing the chain anyways, I'd do the guides as well.
Your pretty deep into it at this point.

I wouldn't want to come back in say 10,000 miles for guide replacements.

.
 
You really have to inspect them for wear. If noticeably worn, they need replacement.

With 50,000 miles on the clock, and your replacing the chain anyways, I'd do the guides as well.
Your pretty deep into it at this point.

I wouldn't want to come back in say 10,000 miles for guide replacements.

.
What about the cam gears?
 
Back
Top