Stock exhaust modifications

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
So has anyone here done any modifications to the stock exhaust to get better flow and sound? I know that on the Yamaha WR450 dirt bikes it's pretty easy to uncork the stock exhaust system. But at the same time maintain low but healthy noise output. Just wondering if anyone has tried it with the FZ6 stock system? The cost of an aftermarket muffler for these bikes is just stupid. For the price there better be a damm good payoff other then bitchen sound in my opinion.

So has anyone tried to work with the stock system?

there are a few, one involves a long drill bit and just forcing in into the tailpipes which IMO sounds like poo, other than that there is the complete guy of the stock can that sounds pretty good to me. still smooth.

here is the one that i will be trying as soon as i find a CHEAP stock exhaust...

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/5847-inside.html

Are you insulting my poo sounding pipes, jusst not nice, but on a real note how do you do links

not sure how your pipes sound in real life, but youtube makes the drilled pipes sound like poo... IMO Very raspy.

Links are easy, i just copy the URL bar and paste it in the post,

What a good thread, and I posted one like it a little while ago.
It was cool to see that link with the diagram of a stock muffler.

I'm so glad I didn't just send a 9/16" metal hole-drilling bit in there and start cutting.

I can't see opening up a muffler to do this, it sound good enough as is.

A more important mod would be having a qualified person help you adjust your suspension by changing the front and rear shocks to YOUR weight.
This lets the bike do what it was truly desgined to do: hug the road and function flawlessly while you haul major a$$.

It's next on my list.

Ok, so I've checked out the exhaust mod on SBN exhaust mod pics - Sportbikes.net

and I like the way it sounds. But I find it almost a little too high pitched. But I've got a K&N air filter. And I know that with just putting the air filter on my 07, and it dropped the tone on it alot. And gave me an extra 300 rpms. So I'm thinking that with the exhaust mod and the K&N air filter, so I'm thinkin that that would help with the sound. Listen to the sound clip and let me know what you think. Thanks

there are a few, one involves a long drill bit and just forcing in into the tailpipes which IMO sounds like poo, other than that there is the complete guy of the stock can that sounds pretty good to me. still smooth.

here is the one that i will be trying as soon as i find a CHEAP stock exhaust...

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/5847-inside.html

Is this one cheap enough, or still too much for an experiment?
eBay Motors: Exhaust can yamaha fz6 fz 600 (item 220293294109 end time Nov-09-08 20:49:35 PST)

Back