Stebel horn back to OEM - help

ArmyDocInTraining

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone - long time no post....

I was hoping someone out there could help me out with this...

I put on a stebel air horn aftermarket and its given me nothing but trouble. From multiple blown fuses to a busted switch. :spank: Now I just want to go back to the OEM horn. I have tried looking for the wiring diagram without any luck and its been so long I dont remember how it is set up. Do the two wires from the underseat switch go straight to the OEM horn?

Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site

I put on a stebel air horn aftermarket and its given me nothing but trouble. From multiple blown fuses to a busted switch. :spank: Now I just want to go back to the OEM horn. I have tried looking for the wiring diagram without any luck and its been so long I dont remember how it is set up. Do the two wires from the underseat switch go straight to the OEM horn?

Paul
Two wires straight from under the frame with the 6.3mm sockets pictured below plug onto the horn doesn't matter about positive/negative.
1_1225125622.jpg

It's a horrible system if you look at the bike wiring diagram. It shares a fuse with the indicators and all of the drawn current goes through the handle-bar switch. It should use a relay, definitely if you're running an after-market. I'm going to set my dual horns to use a relay that is switched on by the horn switch. It has had issues recently and I've decided that's the easiest way to fix it!

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site

Paul

Would you like to sell the Stebel? I sent you a PM.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you power the horn directly through the stock wiring? Or did you use a relay and wire it to the battery.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I put a stebel on about 3 months ago and found the supplied relay was sh1te i got about two toots out of it b4 it died.
I put a new realy in the circuit to protect the OEM horn button and have not looked back. Its a great way to wake up the drowsy ones and let people know you are there.
here is Bonemans mod page for the horn install and I'll see if I can find a pic of my install and post it a bit later

Boneman's FZ6 Site - STEBEL Nautilus Horn

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
The 2 wires needed have probably been used in the Stebel setup... I did this with the Truck Horn (aswell as current setup with TM80/2 Magnum).

The relay needs the "+" led from stock horn to make the Stebel work (and perhaps "-" led was put directly on the Horn... I did like this at least.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
The 2 wires needed have probably been used in the Stebel setup... I did this with the Truck Horn (aswell as current setup with TM80/2 Magnum).

The relay needs the "+" led from stock horn to make the Stebel work. Perhaps "-" led was put directly on the Horn... I did like this at least.

Well it's just a guess!