Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"std" part makes no sense, but K10.5 85/100 weight appears to mean "for riders weighing between 85 and 100kg and K11.0 is for riders over 100kg. :don'tknow:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
"std" part makes no sense, but K10.5 85/100 weight appears to mean "for riders weighing between 85 and 100kg and K11.0 is for riders over 100kg. :don'tknow:

That i understood, what they mean is that STD is under 85kg, the next one is between 85 and 100, and the last one for 100kg and up.

The thing is that according to them K10, K10.5 and K11 are the spring rates.
Since there are no units or annotations i just wonder how they translate to kg/mm or N/mm!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That i understood, what they mean is that STD is under 85kg, the next one is between 85 and 100, and the last one for 100kg and up.

The thing is that according to them K10, K10.5 and K11 are the spring rates.
Since there are no units or annotations i just wonder how they translate to kg/mm or N/mm!

Yeah, understood. Typically springs are listed by spring weight, not rider weight. Maybe go with different manufacturer?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, understood. Typically springs are listed by spring weight, not rider weight. Maybe go with different manufacturer?

I would but here in europe we don't have as much choice as you guys do in the US...

I sent them another mail asking for more info, will see what they say.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, once again Italian customer service at it's finest!

After sending them an email asking them for more information on the spring rates of their kits i got a rude answer telling me that that their policy didn't require them to answer my question!

All they did was forward mo their policy page which states:

Please read carefully product description and Support Forum.
Most of the questions have already an answer.
If you you don't find your answer, please don't send us an email, Use "Support Forum" section, (this section is in the product's page), your question and our answer will improve product description and help other customers.

And a mail telling me that answering my question was not worth their time...

Way to loose a sale. If this is how they are when you are trying to buy something from them i can't imagine what it must be like if you need after sale help!

So i would say stay away from CarpiMoto, and i will be looking elsewhere for my springs...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's crazy.... do keep in mind that you likely ran across the desk of "one" individual.... however, the theme set doesn't look promising.
Where to now?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
So after i told them that their rude emails had lost them a sail they saw fit to answer:

Hello

We don't look for sales , we look for good customers...

I am speechless! How can they be so useless and then tye to blame it on me!

Stay away from them!

PS: i will probably go for Racetech or Ohlin springs now... Problem is finding adjustable caps for the fork legs, can't find any other than on their site!

PPS: well, i have just found a british company that has the same kit for 30 euros less, i sent them an inquiry about the spring rates.
Let's see how the british customer service stacks up to the italian one!

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats crazy sales people they have going on there! ^^ Sounds like the Honey Badger outlook (HB doesn't give a ####!!!)

For everyone else - DON'T SAY you weren't WARNED!!!! That's totally pathetic!