Spring is in the air, start of the NL / BE riding season

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For the guys in or around the Netherlands and Belgium:
Well I was wondering if anyone wanted to join me and Ton (Thulst) on Sunday the 29th March to go for a ride. It's the day after the clocks go forward, but this also means that it's brighter in the evening, it's also a great way to herald in the new spring :thumbup:
I'm happy to come down to the south of Holland/ North Belgium for the ride so we might be able to get a few of the NL/BE crew to join :cheer:

The route will depend on who's coming (the start point should be about in the middle of everyone who's attending (excluding me, i've got heated grips :rockon:), so if it is really cold or wet people don't have to travel too far)

Ít might be a nice idea to finish with a meal together at a restaurant somewhere near the finish point.

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Great idea Martin :thumbup: In two weeks I will get my Fazer from storage so by the 29th I'm all set for a nice trip, looking forward to the new season. It's the spring itches. But ofcourse it's ice and weather serving. Sorry I just like to literally translate Dutch sayings into English :D

Looks like the start finish will be close to my home, as i'm in the center :thumbup:

Rev-A

Reaction score
Visit site
I would really like to join!!! I live in Eindhoven so the route would be ideal for me. There is only 1 problem: I am in Berlin that weekend (actually driving home on Sunday). So I won't be able to ride along :(

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great idea Martin :thumbup: In two weeks I will get my Fazer from storage so by the 29th I'm all set for a nice trip, looking forward to the new season. It's the spring itches. But ofcourse it's ice and weather serving. Sorry I just like to literally translate Dutch sayings into English :D
I hope everything goes to plan, as it would be great to see you :thumbup:

Looks like the start finish will be close to my home, as i'm in the center :thumbup:
This depends on who takes part ;)

I would really like to join!!! I live in Eindhoven so the route would be ideal for me. There is only 1 problem: I am in Berlin that weekend (actually driving home on Sunday). So I won't be able to ride along :(
Sorry to hear you're out of the country at that time :( unfortunately I don't have many possibilities to move dates myself, maybe you can join another time, the season's just starting :thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Here's a little story for you andre, it also translate Dutch sayings into English.

WARNING this will only make sense to the people who speak Dutch and for the rest it is "double Dutch" ;)
View attachment 13820

it was a great ride to work this morning the sun was shining the sky was blue and there was a gentle refreshing breeze blowing, it must be the "spring itches" but life is good :rockon:

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Then it is time for me to get my bike in maintainance. It has 11400km's now and has got to go on maintainance on 12000. I'm from Ghent so let me hear the propositions. :)

thulst

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a little story for you andre, it also translate Dutch sayings into English.

WARNING this will only make sense to the people who speak Dutch and for the rest it is "double Dutch" ;)
View attachment 13820

Nice one Martin. "I thank you from the bottom of my heart and from my wifes bottom as well........" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Then it is time for me to get my bike in maintainance. It has 11400km's now and has got to go on maintainance on 12000. I'm from Ghent so let me hear the propositions. :)

Will do, I was thinking around Breda, Tilburg or Eindhoven, or just over the border but I'll let you know when I have a more concrete plan. By the way I'm also open to any suggestions but at the end of the day we will have to vote on it.

sounds good, I'll be there :)

Great, pleased you can make it

View attachment 13820

Nice one Martin. "I thank you from the bottom of my heart and from my wifes bottom as well........" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

and some people say that languages are easy, "forget it but" ;)

B

bluenova

Hi guys,

It's a possibility at the moment. I'm awaiting approval from management and the bike needs new front brakes, chain/sprockets and general service before I consider a ride to the Netherlands. The 30,000 km service seems to have come early at 24,000 perhaps it was the harsh winter this year.

If it falls into place, would the Belgian guys/gals want to meet and ride up together?

Cheers,
Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

It's a possibility at the moment. I'm awaiting approval from management and the bike needs new front brakes, chain/sprockets and general service before I consider a ride to the Netherlands. The 30,000 km service seems to have come early at 24,000 perhaps it was the harsh winter this year.

If it falls into place, would the Belgian guys/gals want to meet and ride up together?

Cheers,
Matt

Hope you can make it Matt, just be really sweet to "the management" :thumbup:

great idea, but I already have a group ride planned on that day:

Events

Sorry to hear you have something else planned, looking forward to seeing you another time.

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at the routes in TYRE (here's the how to) and there were several around Breda, Tilburg, & into Belgium. Select Netherlands and then NL-NB you will see several routes around these area's. There are also a few routes if you select Belgium. There are also several routes on the GPStracks website. If anyone has any experience around these area's and know a nice route please let us know, thanx.

Last edited:

Rev-A

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear you're out of the country at that time :( unfortunately I don't have many possibilities to move dates myself, maybe you can join another time, the season's just starting :thumbup:
No problem :thumbup:. Better luck next time.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are a few of the possible routes on GPSTracks

Belgie
Abdijenroute 91Km's
Kempisch grensgebeid en de moeren, 153Km's
Lier-Kempen-Baarle, 171Km's

Nederland
Kempenroute 152Km's
Den Bosch-oisterwijk171Km's
Sint Willebrord / Slot Loevestein154Km's
7 Heerlijkheden route100Km's
207 kilometers door Brabant 207Km's
De Koperteutenrit185Km's
Teutenroute170Km's
Croy Route152Km's
Motorroute in de Kempen167Km's
Route 14 Promotor136Km's....... You can find more info here:

I can also make a combination of these routes, any suggestions?

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Martin, I only wake up for a ride above 300 km.:thumbup:

That's the reason I thought about combining a couple of routes, after all it is summertime :thumbup:but I was also thinking of making a shorter one (Or one on more major roads) just in case it was heavy rain.
I'm really looking forward to it :rockon:

B

bluenova

Just realised the 29th is the first day of the F1 season :spank:

If the weather is good I'll give the F1 a miss :eek: management has approved :Flash: and the bike is going in for new pads, chain and sprokets this weekend.

P.s. I'm in Vlaams-Brabant if anyone else is riding up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just realised the 29th is the first day of the F1 season :spank:
And they used to show the Australian grand prix at silly O'Clock, nowadays it's at quite a reasonable time, how inconsiderate :D

If the weather is good I'll give the F1 a miss :eek: management has approved :Flash: and the bike is going in for new pads, chain and sprokets this weekend.

P.s. I'm in Vlaams-Brabant if anyone else is riding up?

Great to hear you're getting the new parts & got the managerial go ahead :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing you Matt :thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well I threw this route together by combining the Kempische grensgebied route and the Lier-kempen-Baarle route.

View attachment 14314

It is 250Km which on it's own is a nice distance but everyone has to get to the starting point (I was thinking Breda as it's aprox half way between Gent and Nijmegen, but it could also be Antwerp or Tilburg) first so this might be a bit ambitious (especially if it's bad weather).

what are peoples ideas of the route? has anyone a preference? what time should we begin, and does anyone know of a cafe we could meet in (that's open at 0930 on Sundays).

At the moment it looks like the following people are coming:

Cloggy (Martin)
Thulst (Ton)
Phillippe1985 (Phillippe) (probably)
Drinky (Tim)
Unseen (Andre)
Bluenova (Matt)

Let me know your preferences otherwise I'll have to take an executive decision, ahh the power Muhhahaha ;)

Last edited: