Spotlights on an FZ6N????

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, i am in the process of modding an FZ6 into a full on touring steed....got all my luggage stuff sorted nearly....but was thinking that for night riding in the outback of OZ, some spotlights would be an awesome addition, when riding the roo infested roads of OZ!

But the big questions are...

1. How? Wiring them up, how to mount them?
2. What? What is out there, what will work on an FZ6, which looks best, etc, etc,
3. Where? Where do i mount them? off the forks??? Do i also mount "Crash Bars" and mount them to those???

Is there anyone who has done something like this? or has any idea's on what to do....searching madly on the net myself right now!

:thumbup:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Hey Wolfman,

Funny you should ask as I was just looking at driving lights the other day for another application and found alot of small driving lights that would work great on a motorcycle. I was searching under driving lights, Hella driving lights and KC Hilites. http://www.google.com/products?q=sm...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CDwQrQQwAA

With regard to wiring, if you haven't used the extra connection on the bd43 headlight mod, you could use it for this application with an in-line switch.

Good luck with it :thumbup:

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfman, I'm watching this thread closely because I, too, have been thinking about adding some fog lamps, driving lights, spotlights, whatever you want to call them, to my FZ6.

Mounting them shouldn't really be a problem. Just some simple fork clamps of some kind would work. The bigger issue for me is how to connect them. I know the FZ6 doesn't have a lot of excess wattage (?), so making sure they aren't going to blow up the electrical system is a must.

I don't have a lot of knowledge about electrical things, so I'm hoping someone comes along and explains that part of it and how it pertains to the FZ6. :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfman, I'm watching this thread closely because I, too, have been thinking about adding some fog lamps, driving lights, spotlights, whatever you want to call them, to my FZ6.

Mounting them shouldn't really be a problem. Just some simple fork clamps of some kind would work. The bigger issue for me is how to connect them. I know the FZ6 doesn't have a lot of excess wattage (?), so making sure they aren't going to blow up the electrical system is a must.

I don't have a lot of knowledge about electrical things, so I'm hoping someone comes along and explains that part of it and how it pertains to the FZ6. :thumbup:

Yep, mounting seems to be a cinch...already have found lights, that come with bike specific mounts....the very expensive, but super nice PIAA stuff!

And, am the same as you...as for electrics, i know diddly squat...so i am too, hoping someone can come along with a definitive answer re power consumption, effect on the bike, etc...

:thumbup:

B_E_N

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, mayb i can share some DIY wiring stuff i did for my other bike.

u could go down to a hardware shop buy a power relay to power ur fog/spot light. tap it directly to ur battery..
the power relay should come with a fuse, if it don't u can of coz DIY a fuse along the red/live wire.

HID Conversion Kit | Fuse Relay Harness Wiring Kit

something like this

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
keeping a watch over this thread as well, i have the intention to install projector lamps on my fz6, but not sure where to mount it, my friend was suggesting to fabricate a simple bracket and mount it at the mirror stem.