Spike Bar Ends.

blackdak47

Reaction score
Visit site
Im looking for Spiked bar ends for my 2008 fz6. I was just wondering if anyone has bought them and knows where to get them. I cant find them anywhere.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I don't know where to get them. I suspect somebody will chime in.

I'll make two points.

1. You won't pass inspection with those. Bar ends needs to be such that they will not poke through your body meats if the bike falls on you. So they're illegal, at least in Texas. Probably elsewhere too.

2. Those spiked bar ends will poke through your body meats if the bike falls on you.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
impaled.jpg

dont be another victim.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As always, to each his own.

But I think such things are the fodder of darwin awards...

I've seen people get core-sampled by the end of a bicycle handlebar that didn't have a plug in it. That wasn't pretty, and that was just a bicycle -- bicycle weight at bicycle speeds... Please be sure to post a pic when you get stabbed by your bike.

:spank:

W

wrightme43

Yeah if you read around you will see lots of stories where bar go into motorcyclists chests and kill or severally injure them. Dont make it easier. :thumbup:

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll have to agree with all the people here. Safety was the first thing that came to my mind as soon as I saw the thread title.

F

FZSex

Man u guys are harsh. i might have to reconsider.

haha yeah you should have just titled it "your thoughts on my thoughts of spike bar ends"

seriously though, hope you pass on that. Save that look for the wannabe cruiser guys. I can't imagine the pain my blackberry would give me in my front pocket, much less having a point go in my thigh or something. Heck I'd more likely just bump it all the time in the garage like a moron.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha yeah you should have just titled it \"your thoughts on my thoughts of spike bar ends\"

seriously though, hope you pass on that. Save that look for the wannabe cruiser guys. I can't imagine the pain my blackberry would give me in my front pocket, much less having a point go in my thigh or something. Heck I'd more likely just bump it all the time in the garage like a moron.

Hold on a minute....I know hundreds of cruiser guys and I think every single one of them would say exactly what we are saying "Forget it"

There is always someone who will want them but I do not know any of them.

Steve

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man u guys are harsh. i might have to reconsider.
Great on a show bike and in a Mad Max movie. I am sorry that I have to agree with all he above.
I have seen lots motorcyclist with injuries sustained by bar ends.
1. Splenic tear
2. Groin injury
3. Rib injury

Don't do it.

Nelly

blackdak47

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright well forget the Spikes. Where can i find any type of bar ends. Im looking for chrome. Found one set on ebay. thats about it. also is there a way to make R6 bar ends fit? i see someone on here did. dont remember who.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good man, now you're thinkin'!

How about somethin' like these.

I certainly wasn't trying to cap your buzz, just don't like to see folks put themselves at undue risk. I hope that you find something that you like.