Speedometer faults? Police Radar...

Silver05

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that its more likely the radar/laser gun out of whack. My speedo used to be off about 4 mph at 60 or so. When I bumped my front sprocket up to a 17, it made it almost perfect.

To reiterate, in stock config, if my speedo said 65, I was actually doing about 61.

LefZe

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty strict in Oslo!

Out of curiosity, what is your road toll like? Are the roads quite safe due to this?

The roads here are terrible.. We have too many mountains, hard winters and too few drivers (population in Norway ~5M). That's probably why we have such good WRC Rally drivers =)

Every time you have to enter the city (Oslo) you have to pay a toll fee of about $7 (26+13NOK, MC free!), and the yearly fee to own a vehicle is about $500 (2/3 for a MC). As Norway also is one of the biggest oil exporting counties in the world our government have decided to set the petrol prize to around $2,5/L (14NOK).. It's very expensive here..

The fine I got was about $1600 (9500NOK) for doing 87 in 60km/t, and 6 months suspension of my driving license (both car and MC)... Don't relocate to Norway if you like to ride your bike!

LefZe

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

The jury has reached a verdict.

A week ago I went to court and I had to stand up for myself. I didn't bring any kind of evidence, and I spoke to the judge for 1 hour and told my story as I see it. Yesterday I received a letter from the Police, and when I opened it MY LICENSE DROPPED OUT! I got it back, with 2 more warnings instead of the 6 months suspension. The fine was the same, but that's fine... =)

I have now tested my speedometer with two different GPS devices, and I found out that in 80 the GPS showed 82. That means my speedo actually are showing a couple km/h off. I'm now very aware of this when I'm driving, so to you out there, don't expect the speedo to show 5-10% more than you're doing.

Thanks for all your help biker friends. Now I can enjoy the summer on my bike again!

Justice has Prevailed!

Salute

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, that's great you got your license back! I'm surprised it worked out so well, and that they even heard your case! Now get out there and enjoy some riding! :thumbup: