Sort of a Feeler..... looking for some constructive advice

NRVOUZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, its been a while since I have been on here. Anyhow I have been bitten by the "more aggressive" bug, and I am thinking about parting with the FZ6. Now I have looked into the R6 and I looked into the ZX6R (Kawasaki). Both have there pros and cons of course, but if you were trading up or looking for a new bike, which do you think you would prefer? Thank for any advice!:Sport:

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Sort of a Feeler.....looking for some constructive advice...

R6 all the way!! Some of the better handling in a 600cc R -class and some of the best engine power/torque curves (especially in the new ones).

Although this is heavy biased due to me being a Yamaha fan all the way

Best thing i would do is look around and test drive them, that will be the only way you will know what one you will really want

Good luck, and try not to get in too much trouble with the new-found power lol

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org

I was just talking to the dealer yesterday. If you want a more agressive bike that is like the FZ

Get the R6S - the powerband provides more power in the middle than the regular R6. It's based more on the 2005 R6 motor.

the new R6 has a very high revving motor and you need to be at those high rpm to use the power.

So perhaps an R6S would be more useful for the street...unless you are going to the track a bunch, in which case go for a R6 :)

CravenMoorhead

Reaction score
Visit site

Are you firm on getting another 600cc motorcycle? After trading up to either of the two new you mention would you want to move up to 1000cc motorcycle after another year?

Perhaps look at the FZ-1 now ...

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site

when i trade up or get a second bike im going with the daytona 675 or the 848 duc... just my preference

NRVOUZ

Reaction score
Visit site

Are you firm on getting another 600cc motorcycle? After trading up to either of the two new you mention would you want to move up to 1000cc motorcycle after another year?

Perhaps look at the FZ-1 now ...

Yeah I think I want to stick to a 600. Not that I dont think I can handle a 1000 but the insurance would kill me. Besides I have only put about 600 miles on my bike, so I am still technically a beginner.

I love the R6, I just dont like how wide the seat is. It's wide enough that I can barley get my feet down on the ground . I guess I could get it lowered a bit. I will do a bit more research on it.

NRVOUZ

Reaction score
Visit site

when i trade up or get a second bike im going with the daytona 675 or the 848 duc... just my preference

I looked at the Speed Triple and I love it, just a little pricey right now, and Ducati...Holy Smokes...way out of my budget allthough I do like the older models.

Jedi

Pillion Boy no more!!!
Reaction score
Visit site

Another vote for the Daytona from me, from what I've read the R6 is horrendous to use anywhere other than on a track.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site

It is not a 600, but have you looked at the Honda Inerceptor VFR 800? It is the bike I would move up to.

NRVOUZ

Reaction score
Visit site

Another vote for the Daytona from me, from what I've read the R6 is horrendous to use anywhere other than on a track.

Yeah I was thinking that too. Its such a cool bike though.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org

Besides I have only put about 600 miles on my bike, so I am still technically a beginner.

Are you sure you want a more aggressive bike? Being a beginner on a racing streetbike doesn't seem too prudent...sorry :squid:?

What don't you like specifically about the FZ? It's fast, it's a superbike eater at the right track and has many options to make it more aggressive (cheaper than a new bike).

NRVOUZ

Reaction score
Visit site

Are you sure you want a more aggressive bike? Being a beginner on a racing streetbike doesn't seem too prudent...sorry :squid:?

What don't you like specifically about the FZ? It's fast, it's a superbike eater at the right track and has many options to make it more aggressive (cheaper than a new bike).

Yeah, Pretty Sure I want to upgrade a little.

I really dont dislike anything about my FZ6. I think it is a great bike. My schedule is starting to get a little more hectic these days and aside from wanting a more aggressive riding posture I would prefer to get a bike where I wont have to worry about modifications or buying aftermarket parts for a while. I know that if I keep my FZ6 I am going to want to do all of these things. I also find my self riding a lot more than I have been over the last few months and not just riding to and from work. So I have been getting that upgrade feeling alot more.

Aside from all that it is just a feeler post, I really dont have it set in my mind yet to actually move on from the FZ6, I just wanted to look into it and see what everyone thought.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site

I vote on the Daytona as well. I've gone on a 3 hour ride on it and It wasnt bad at all. Love the power it has as well. LOOKS great too.

PAJeep

Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah, Pretty Sure I want to upgrade a little.

I really dont dislike anything about my FZ6. I think it is a great bike. My schedule is starting to get a little more hectic these days and aside from wanting a more aggressive riding posture I would prefer to get a bike where I wont have to worry about modifications or buying aftermarket parts for a while. I know that if I keep my FZ6 I am going to want to do all of these things. I also find my self riding a lot more than I have been over the last few months and not just riding to and from work. So I have been getting that upgrade feeling alot more.

Been there done that having owned two newer generation GSXR600's. Just as many modifications can be done to those as well and once you have it you will want to do it. Depending on your age it wont be long before you are looking for that non-aggressive riding posture as well. Just my two cents.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

why is a discussion about upgrading from a fz6 to somethign more powerful in the fz6r section??? just a miss-post then huh :)

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site

If I bought an FZ6R, I'd want to upgrade pretty fast too hahaha....sorry

PAJeep

Reaction score
Visit site

If I bought an FZ6R, I'd want to upgrade pretty fast too hahaha....sorry

I guess you suffer from that my bike is bigger than yours syndrome?