Sorry, I've defected but ...

brico

Reaction score
Visit site
I will remain on the forum because this is the best one I've found so far.

I've sold my 2005 FZ6 and purchased 2008 Aprilia Shiver. Aprilia is sooo smooth in comparison to FZ6 and rides sooo well

I still have black and blue T-shirts that I wear ;)

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No need to apologise, the Shiver has one monster of a motor. They're so under-rated here. Good work.

If you run out of mods to do (there's prob not a lot you need to on them), then this should provide you some inspiration!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you have better luck than two of my friends here. They have been stranded, broken down, and had their rides in the shop for what seems one week out of every four. I sincerely hope that yours doesn't have any of the problems their bikes did.

They are very comfortable in ergos and have a decent amount of power but I still thought the FZ6 was better at acceleration than the drive-by-wire Shiver. That electronic throttle takes some getting used to.

Ride safe!!

xnay

Reaction score
Visit site
I've driven my buddy's a few times. Smooth as silk. The one time he had his girlfriend on the bike and we swapped bikes. He said "Take care of her." To which I replied "Sure, and I'll look after your girlfriend too." :BLAA:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode on last summer and enjoyed it. I like the mid-range punch vs. the fizz. Sharp looking bike too.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the Shiver and Dorsoduro are both beautiful bikes. Sort of the essence of a motorcycle and nothing more. It's amazing how the Italian companies can make a basic frame\wheels\motor look so nice.

On the other hand, reliability is no where close to the FZ6 from what I have read. Best of luck.

Tim

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i dunno about the new shivers... but yea, the first 2 model years i heard were pretty horible.. hopefully they have workd out the bigs and you'll have a nice reliable machine.. good luck :thumbsup: