Soon to be: New Memeber

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, my name is Phil and im 99% sure I am picking up my 2006 FZ6 in shift red tomorrow. Bike is in good shape and I am excited to start riding (again).

My plans thus far

Sliders (any brands reccomended?)
Fender Eliminator kit (clean up the tail)
Slip ons (M4 Carbon or a MiVV Exhaust, any comments)

I have already purchased my helmet, jacket and gloves so I am ready to go once the warm weather comes. If anyone has any wise words feel free to post, I am going to toll the forums to learn a little more, I don't want to get flamed for not searching :thumbup:

Last edited:

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
I was actually looking at the new white FZ6r but was very disappointed in the power difference and few other things, I am a big guy 270 lbs, so I need all the help I can get lol!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:Qwibby? This forum has the best members you'll find on any forum!
Too late! Your already a member.

Bethlehem like in Baby Jesus or Bethlehem like in Steele? :rolleyes: :D

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:Qwibby? This forum has the best members you'll find on any forum!
Too late! Your already a member.

Bethlehem like in Baby Jesus or Bethlehem like in Steele? :rolleyes: :D

I've noticed that this place is overly friendly, maybe even, cult friendly lol! But yes Steele Bethlehem, I am hoping to find other riders local in Allentown and such

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've noticed that this place is overly friendly, maybe even, cult friendly lol! But yes Steele Bethlehem, I am hoping to find other riders local in Allentown and such

Go back to your post and hit the edit button. Maybe you mis-spelled white?

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah there we go.

Wow from just the past 2 hrs or so of reading and searching there is a lot of info out there, I am completely surprised. I've come from the car crowd and I have a lot of mechanical know how, I am excited to use it on the FZ6!

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
This place does seem very friendly, I am looking for some suggestions or first modifications that may be semi free or easy to do. Most importantly I need to learn to ride again, I have not rode a bike in 4 years

William

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome from Tampa, Phil. I just picked up a 2006 last week; about the same number you’re looking at. It’s a fun bike and I’ve found a ton of good stuff on the forum here to get me thinking about mods I might like to do. I’m sure you’ll find the same. Good luck today closing your deal. :)

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
Went and put a downpayment on my bike today, picked up my Helmet and gloves... Thank you all!

ps: went to chat and no one is there lmao

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
20120201_133114.jpg

20120201_110754.jpg

20120201_124241.jpg

20120201_124251.jpg

Some pics

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Went and put a downpayment on my bike today, picked up my Helmet and gloves... Thank you all!

ps: went to chat and no one is there lmao

Great looking 06! Those tires look like the Bridgestone BT-020s. If they are check the date stamp and examine the rubber for dryness. The successors to the BT-020 was the BT-021 and I don't think they are around anymore. I think you would have a much better tire with BT-023 which I think is the newest replacement Bridgestone for the old BT-020. :D

mopardoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, Welcome to the forum you will find as I did it has the nicest bunch of people. The FZ6 is a great bike as I am finding out I have about 300 miles on me 04 and it is great. The mods these people do here are great most are very inexpensive and are fun to do

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking 06! Those tires look like the Bridgestone BT-020s. If they are check the date stamp and examine the rubber for dryness. The successors to the BT-020 was the BT-021 and I don't think they are around anymore. I think you would have a much better tire with BT-023 which I think is the newest replacement Bridgestone for the old BT-020. :D

I will look into that, seeing as I am almost related to the owner of scott powersports, I am sure they are taking care of the bike. :thumbup: