Something different...Valter Moto Type 2 rearsets...in blue

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
As some of you have probably noticed (if you've been here a while), I've got a tendency to sprinkle my bike with blue bits. Being the huge UK fan (that's University of Kentucky for all our friend across the pond :D), I'm predisposed to loving that color.

As I've stated before, I live close to and ride with PJ and Paige from PJ's Parts quite a bit. So when they started carrying Valter Moto bits a couple of months ago, I was intrigued. After seeing another friend put a set of the Type 2 rearsets on his Ducati 696, I was sold.

PJ's Parts, as usual, was fantastic. I informed him that I wanted them and he ordered them up for me. It took about 2 weeks for them to arrive from Italy and they came nicely packaged and safely made the trip:

04617730.jpg

Whenever you're talking anodized parts, there's always the concern that the color might not be quite right (especially when it comes to blue). I did a ton of research before ordering to make sure the blue was as close to Yamaha Blue as possible (you'd be surprised how few pictures there are out there of the blue ones!) However, after getting them in and unpacking them, they're PERFECT!

8a22b312.jpg

2698a755.jpg

d91d8e68.jpg

Now it was time for the installation. This is a lot simpler than it might seem and the rearsets come with pretty good directions that have large pictures. As you'll see in the comparison shots, I had OSO2K's setback plates installed with the stock rearsets, so I'd been through taking them off before. Also, the VM rearsets have the same outside-the-frame design for the shift rod as I had to use with OSO2K's setback plates, so this wasn't a biggie either.

...continued in next post (too many pictures for 1 post)...

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Stock rearsets with OSO2K setback plates:

photo12.jpg

Valter Moto rearsets:

b5c9ad2b.jpg

Brake side with OSO2K setback plates:

photo11.jpg

Valter Moto rearsets:

b2ad52e0.jpg

From above:

c22f455d.jpg

010822d1.jpg

I'm very happy with these! The position is similar to the stock rearsets WITH the setback plates. They do have folding pegs. The one drawback is that there's no way to mount the rear brake light switch with these (at least right out of the box). PJ had mentioned that Valter Moto makes a replacement that will work with the rearsets, so that's something I'll probably look into. But I rarely use my rear brake, so for now, the switch is stowed up inside the frame.

While these aren't adjustable, adjusting the shift and brake levers is easy. Plus, if I REALLY wanted to set them further back, I could slap the setback plates on there with them, although I think that might be a little extreme.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Here's one overall shot of the bike. Again, I couldn't be happier with either the rearsets or the quality of service I always get with PJ's Parts! :thumbup:

5210dd6a.jpg

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site