Someone recommend a point and shoot camera to me

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a fuji jz500. i'm not into photography by any extent of the imagination. i cannot compare it to others regarding image quality but it looks pretty good to me and has a good factory setting for point and shoot.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI
I bought this:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001SER47O/ref=oss_product]Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot SD780IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x…[/ame]

Canon PowerShot SD780IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD

nice camera with HD Video
amazon has a deal where you get a free memory card (which I need anyways).

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
Good little cameras, the Canon Powershots. I have an S2. Quite old now, and a bit bulky, but it takes some good pics.

v1jay

Reaction score
Visit site
Canon Ixus series - had two of em and would recommend them... My first, original Ixus, i left in the Statue of Liberty whilst on holiday - bummer... Had it for years, and never let me down - the hard part was loosing all my Holiday pics, and there were a fair few too :(

So, in an upset mood of loosing my Ixus, i purchased an Ixus 850.... Nice cam, does everything i want it to do really. Auto focus seems okay for newbie like me...

Olympus also make some really nice digi-cams too...

best, vj

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah, my S2... I just put it on the upstairs landing shelf. 10 minutes later walked past and knocked it. It fell over the edge and somersaulted down 18 stairs, bounced, hit the wall and the case cracked open. Could see all this circuit board inside.

Anyway, I snapped the case together again, switched it on, and took a photo of the dent in the wall. Works perfectly :D

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Yay! I got my camera (canon sd780IS) and tested it out this morning:

Picture010.jpg

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
dang, didn't get to get a plug in for Nikon Coolpics.... well I guess when I live on the other side of the world I miss out on all talks and only read the aftermath....

Enjoy your camara...

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't go wrong with Canon. Excellent optics, great processors, easy menus, and easy software. They make shooting great photos easy.
I have had 4 Canons and 2 Nikons (which are also great quality), the only other brand I would consider is the Olympus for its rugged Tough cameras. Waterproof, shockproof, freeze-proof, it would make for an excellent take-it-and-forget-it camera, especially on the bike.