Some detailed pictures of the Top Saddlery seat

makanouchi

Reaction score
Visit site
I really wanted to purchase one of their pre-made seats to save some money but I need a lowered seat. I'm guessing it is about 1/2 to 1 inch lower than stock. I selected some blue accents and was expecting a close match to the Yamaha blue and to my surprise, it matches the bike perfectly!! I also added a cargo net to the rear section to store the misc small items I carry. Here are some pictures of the bike and some close up of the seat. I've put about 500 miles on the seat and like everyone else says, it is like sitting on a sofa compared to stock. 3 hours on the bike and my ass was not numb where as with the stock seat, I would start to feel discomfort within 30 minutes.

IMG_11691024x768.jpg

IMG_11881024x768.jpg

IMG_11951024x768.jpg

IMG_11931024x768.jpg

IMG_11741024x768.jpg

IMG_11761024x768.jpg

IMG_11751024x768.jpg

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Nice! I gotta get my rearsets painted... :thumbup:

I've read a lot of great reviews on this seat, but never has anybody said how it works for riding twisties or trackdays? Any thoughts? Can anyone chime in from experience?

Last edited:

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice!! If you don't mind... how much did you pay and what did you do to your exhaust? Is it ceramic coated? thanks!

makanouchi

Reaction score
Visit site
Cost was $450, time from order to delivery was 2 weeks.
I added the cargo net myself.
Headers are painted with high temp cermaic paint.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
looks awesome. I woukd love to get a top saddlery seat but my biggest concern is id be leaning on the bars more since the stocker seat angle is kinda flat. Do you notice more of a leaning forward angle now? Also, which model puig is that?

Thanks

LittleRed

Reaction score
Visit site
That seat looks great! (so does the whole bike, for that matter!) I'm strongly considering shelling out the money for one as well once I actually get a bit extra. Did you get gel padding for the front seat or leave it standard?

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered mine. Couldn't resist anymore. I've been reading so many good things about them I finally had to push the button. I've got the same "30 minutes in the saddle then im uncomfortable" everyone else has been talking about. I've been dieing to take some nice high mileage trips on the bike but I've put it off because I know my ass will be sore as hell by the end of the day. I still want to get 4500 miles or more on by the end of the riding season so hopefully this is my ticket............

This is the one i've got coming, and hopefully it comes fast because i'm pumped!!
NewSeat.jpg

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered mine. Couldn't resist anymore. I've been reading so many good things about them I finally had to push the button. I've got the same "30 minutes in the saddle then im uncomfortable" everyone else has been talking about. I've been dieing to take some nice high mileage trips on the bike but I've put it off because I know my ass will be sore as hell by the end of the day. I still want to get 4500 miles or more on by the end of the riding season so hopefully this is my ticket............

This is the one i've got coming, and hopefully it comes fast because i'm pumped!!
NewSeat.jpg

Brad - I just ordered the very same seat! Knowing there are many more miles to ride yet this summer/fall, the rear just couldn't hack it any more. We did another 250 today and the last half was a killer. :(

Now I can't wait for it to arrive!

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Brad - I just ordered the very same seat! Knowing there are many more miles to ride yet this summer/fall, the rear just couldn't hack it any more. We did another 250 today and the last half was a killer. :(

Now I can't wait for it to arrive!

i did 300 today and was wondering which doctor in my area does ass transplants

Jedi

Pillion Boy no more!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Makanouchi,

Can I ask if you painted your rearsets and pillion pegs or did you have them powder coated?

If painted, how is it holding up to daily wear?

Cheers

J€Di

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i did 300 today and was wondering which doctor in my area does ass transplants

Too funny! I almost spit out my mouthfull of beer on the computer - LMAO!

My seat arrived today. :cheer::cheer: Had to run down right away and put it on. Right out of the box I was thinking that it was too big - wrong - fit perfect!

Ran a test drive on it and...drumroll...LOVE IT! :thumbup:

Keeping my fingers crossed for excellent weather this weekend 'cause we are gonna ride!

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site

My seat arrived today. :cheer::cheer: Had to run down right away and put it on. Right out of the box I was thinking that it was too big - wrong - fit perfect!

Keeping my fingers crossed for excellent weather this weekend 'cause we are gonna ride!
Mine came Saturday believe it or not! Considering it shipped last Monday from France, I'm very impressed, though giving it equates to over $100 shipping, Id expect no less. I was out of town though visiting a buddy in Madison but got back Sunday and put it on and went for about a 60 mile ride. Very comfortable. I noticed right away that it actually doesnt give you quite as much freedom in riding position as the stock seat, but the position is much more comfortable. I also immediatley noticed that the steeper break between the front and rear seat keeps your but from rolling back very far when you hammer on the gas, very nice as well. Hoping to get some long miles on it this weekend.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com

Did you have a hard time ordering it through their site? Ive ordered tons of stuff online and it seems its a bit tricky to get the seat exactly how you want it to look on the site before you order unless im nuts.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now that's some detailed pictures of your seat. I just received my new Top Saddlery seat 3 weeks ago. I absolutly love it. It's similar to yours except i had YAMAHA FZ6 engraved on the seat. I will have to take some pictures and post them. I like your blacked out look. I have done my FZ similar except I need to powder coat the foot peg assembly. Very nice. :thumbup::thumbup: