SoCal Saddle Sour 1000 anyone?

ADVdrming

Superstar
Reaction score
Visit site
Fellow Fazers and inmates,

Following Fz6Sa's post on his Saddlesour European Saddle sour (bump for a great accomplishment!), I have not been able to stop thinking about doing one myself. :BLAA:

Being in SoCal, it would seem appropriate to do a Californian 1,000. I have read the rules on the Iron Butt Association's website, and in-state 1,000 rallies are certifiable.

So, at a first random thinking attempt, I am brainstorming about a ride from San Diego to Sacramento, to San Francisco, and back to San Diego (I did a rough plan yesterday on Google earth, and it comes to about 1,100 mi over 18.5 hours).

Sooo... any inmates missing a few screws interested in joining a 1,000 mi in less than 24 hrs ride?

BTW, I'm thinking mid-late August for this, to allow some physical and mental conditioning before hand.

:rockon:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I don't care much for just riding as many miles as I can on freeways... but count me in for a 400mile day in the twisties!!!

ADVdrming

Superstar
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I don't care much for just riding as many miles as I can on freeways... but count me in for a 400mile day in the twisties!!!

Wavex: makes sense bro. I definitely would enjoy the twisties, and I'm just curious to see if I have the endurance to do this 1k stretch. Who knows, might actually enjoy the challenge and do it again.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want to make this a 1,000 mile day in the twisties.....count me in!!

Also, this would need to be in the first half of August.

We may well fail such a massive undertaking, but it will be the most glorious of days no matter what happens.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex: makes sense bro. I definitely would enjoy the twisties, and I'm just curious to see if I have the endurance to do this 1k stretch. Who knows, might actually enjoy the challenge and do it again.

I did a 600 mile ride a few years ago on my FZ6 in about 10 hours (with a long Lunch) and that was pretty brutal and not fun at all... I can't imagine 1000 miles being more fun lol, but I get why some ppl want to do it for the challenge... I don't see the point myself, but hey, who cares what I think :)

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
Sooo... any inmates missing a few screws interested in joining a 1,000 mi in less than 24 hrs ride?

BTW, I'm thinking mid-late August for this, to allow some physical and mental conditioning before hand.

I think you may have a screw loose, but I'll try one of the workup rides to see how iron-like my butt is.

ADVdrming

Superstar
Reaction score
Visit site
I did a 600 mile ride a few years ago on my FZ6 in about 10 hours (with a long Lunch) and that was pretty brutal and not fun at all... I can't imagine 1000 miles being more fun lol, but I get why some ppl want to do it for the challenge... I don't see the point myself, but hey, who cares what I think :)

Hahaha, yeah, I don't think it'll be an easy task, but worth the challenge to see if I'm capable of it. I think the best answer is always... why not?!? :BLAA:

ADVdrming

Superstar
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you may have a screw loose, but I'll try one of the workup rides to see how iron-like my butt is.

LoL, thanks westgoingzax! Would I lure you in if I promise you 2 mos supply of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?

The funny think is that I told my gf about it.. first reaction was: "you're crazy!"; second reaction was: "i want to do it too on my bike" LoL We mutually agreed that she should try it next year to have more experience. :cheer: