SoCal Saddle Sour 1000 anyone?

ADVdrming

Superstar
Reaction score
Visit site
Fellow Fazers and inmates,

Following Fz6Sa's post on his Saddlesour European Saddle sour (bump for a great accomplishment!), I have not been able to stop thinking about doing one myself. :BLAA:

Being in SoCal, it would seem appropriate to do a Californian 1,000. I have read the rules on the Iron Butt Association's website, and in-state 1,000 rallies are certifiable.

So, at a first random thinking attempt, I am brainstorming about a ride from San Diego to Sacramento, to San Francisco, and back to San Diego (I did a rough plan yesterday on Google earth, and it comes to about 1,100 mi over 18.5 hours).

Sooo... any inmates missing a few screws interested in joining a 1,000 mi in less than 24 hrs ride?

BTW, I'm thinking mid-late August for this, to allow some physical and mental conditioning before hand.

:rockon:

Yeah I don't care much for just riding as many miles as I can on freeways... but count me in for a 400mile day in the twisties!!!

Yeah I don't care much for just riding as many miles as I can on freeways... but count me in for a 400mile day in the twisties!!!

Wavex: makes sense bro. I definitely would enjoy the twisties, and I'm just curious to see if I have the endurance to do this 1k stretch. Who knows, might actually enjoy the challenge and do it again.

If you want to make this a 1,000 mile day in the twisties.....count me in!!

Also, this would need to be in the first half of August.

We may well fail such a massive undertaking, but it will be the most glorious of days no matter what happens.

Wavex: makes sense bro. I definitely would enjoy the twisties, and I'm just curious to see if I have the endurance to do this 1k stretch. Who knows, might actually enjoy the challenge and do it again.

I did a 600 mile ride a few years ago on my FZ6 in about 10 hours (with a long Lunch) and that was pretty brutal and not fun at all... I can't imagine 1000 miles being more fun lol, but I get why some ppl want to do it for the challenge... I don't see the point myself, but hey, who cares what I think :)

Sooo... any inmates missing a few screws interested in joining a 1,000 mi in less than 24 hrs ride?

BTW, I'm thinking mid-late August for this, to allow some physical and mental conditioning before hand.

I think you may have a screw loose, but I'll try one of the workup rides to see how iron-like my butt is.

I did a 600 mile ride a few years ago on my FZ6 in about 10 hours (with a long Lunch) and that was pretty brutal and not fun at all... I can't imagine 1000 miles being more fun lol, but I get why some ppl want to do it for the challenge... I don't see the point myself, but hey, who cares what I think :)

Hahaha, yeah, I don't think it'll be an easy task, but worth the challenge to see if I'm capable of it. I think the best answer is always... why not?!? :BLAA:

I think you may have a screw loose, but I'll try one of the workup rides to see how iron-like my butt is.

LoL, thanks westgoingzax! Would I lure you in if I promise you 2 mos supply of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?

The funny think is that I told my gf about it.. first reaction was: "you're crazy!"; second reaction was: "i want to do it too on my bike" LoL We mutually agreed that she should try it next year to have more experience. :cheer:

Back