So, what else can I buy?

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Went mod crazy with my new FZ. I had my '05 for almost two years and it took me a year to get the final mods I wanted done on that bike.

I've had my '09 for a little over two weeks and I have already added exhaust, windscreen, lower cowl, frame sliders and fender eliminator as well as the dual headlight mod. I've got levers on the way (along with some grips). After that I am at a loss as to what other mod or accessory I can pick up. I've been looking that those Ottimoto rearsets, but am waiting for forum feedback as a couple guys here have ordered them but not yet received them.

So what else is out there. It's been about 2 years since I had my previous FZ so I didn't keep track of accessories and such.

Any decent options for front turn signals for the 07-09 fairing style? Looking for mostly aesthetic mods as exhaust is the extent of performance that I want to do.

agp

Reaction score
Visit site
Flush mount front signals. Clear lens LED tail light with integrated turn signals. Seat cowl for passenger seat. Rim stripes. Swingarm stickers.

huxy

Reaction score
Visit site
Braided hoses. The FZ6 certainly accelerates pretty sharp and you want to make sure you can stop it. Braided hoses make braking effortless.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gas for a cross-country trip chronicled with your new GoPro HD camera?

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Flush mount front signals. Clear lens LED tail light with integrated turn signals. Seat cowl for passenger seat.

Do they make these for the 07-09 fairing style (is so PICS!)? I know you can do them on the 04-06 style since the signal stalks came through the fairing but flush mounts would require cutting on the 07-09 right?.

Aah...forgot all about the all in one taillight. Seat cowl...I wish! As cool as that TCP looks I can't justify the cost for such a tiny piece of plastic (and yes, I know I spent $200+ for the lower cowl).

Braided hoses. The FZ6 certainly accelerates pretty sharp and you want to make sure you can stop it. Braided hoses make braking effortless.

Braided brake lines..hmm...did that on my Hyosung with good results! Even with the improved brakes on the 07-09 might have to look into that too.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Uh oh! Someone's got the bug! :rockon: Someone posted news of '09 leftovers for $6,992? :eek: :D

Oh I've always liked the FZ1, I considered it when I bought my 6. At the time it was too much and after a long break from riding a modern 1000 wasn't a good idea.