So a Harley Worker Comes in....

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I am at the music store (where I work) and my Fz6 is parked outside by the store. A guy wearing a harley work shirt comes in who works at the Davidson Dealer notices my bike and starts off like this "Why are you parked a cross the street?" I say "Shade." He says, "See that red one, (buell), that's what an American Bike looks. I just shrugged... He just laughed. Not sure what he was implying. I guess he just had to take a stab at my fizzer. He had a nice bike and I have nothing against Buell or anything he was just trying to be a dick I suppose.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I am at the music store (where I work) and my Fz6 is parked outside by the store. A guy wearing a harley work shirt comes in who works at the Davidson Dealer notices my bike and starts off like this "Why are you parked a cross the street?" I say "Shade." He says, "See that red one, (buell), that's what an American Bike looks. I just shrugged... He just laughed. Not sure what he was implying. I guess he just had to take a stab at my fizzer. He had a nice bike and I have nothing against Buell or anything he was just trying to be a dick I suppose.

you should have asked him "why is your buell parked there, is it broken down and you can not buy a part to fix it since buell is out of business?"

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site

I give you credit for holding your tongue. However, I really like this response:

You should have replied, "Don't you mean, that's what an American Bike USED to look like?"

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly I am not very good at being a smartass or coming up with comebacks. I just thought it was kind of silly to come in my store and start ranting on my bike. I'm pretty passive aggressive person.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
you should have asked him "why is your buell parked there, is it broken down and you can not buy a part to fix it since buell is out of business?"

You should have replied, "Don't you mean, that's what an American Bike USED to look like?"

Boy, you could have had a field day. These are the types of Morons that I dream of meeting so that I can say something like the above.

Opportunity wasted IMO only if he specifically came into your store to tell you that. Otherwise, if he is a customer, I guess the professional thing to do was to just go along with him like you did

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
depending on what buell he was riding he was'nt riding and american bike at all if it was one of the later bikes with the Rotax engine in was a Austrian/French Canadian/American bike

FZ-B

Reaction score
Visit site
Shame is there is no real offering for the type of bike we prefer from the good ol USA. I do not like V-twins, so as much as I might have liked a Buell I would have never got one.

I like smooth inline 4's and the triples from Triumph.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i would love to have a triumph sprint st, wow are those beautiful.

i am embarrassed to say i may buy a buell blast (lol) for my gf to learn on. it has a super low 25.5" seat height for her (she is 4'11") and you can pick up a 2006-07 buell paint shaker (500cc makes a terrifying 34hp) for around $1600 lol. If she tears it up while she is learning who cares. She just passed her msp class this weekend and is ready to get her bike to learn on.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
i would love to have a triumph sprint st, wow are those beautiful.

i am embarrassed to say i may buy a buell blast (lol) for my gf to learn on. it has a super low 25.5" seat height for her (she is 4'11") and you can pick up a 2006-07 buell paint shaker (500cc makes a terrifying 34hp) for around $1600 lol. If she tears it up while she is learning who cares. She just passed her msp class this weekend and is ready to get her bike to learn on.

500cc Buell? Is that just for the American market? And please don't tell me that it's really called a blast! :rof:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
500cc Buell? Is that just for the American market? And please don't tell me that it's really called a blast! :rof:

check out some vids on youtube, it sounds exactly like a lawnmower.

2000_Buell_Blast1.jpg

2000_Buell_Blast2.jpg

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
Harley riders seem to think they know something a non-Harley rider doesn't....
Ironic that the joke actually is them.:BLAA:

Fixed that for ya'. :thumbup:

Shame is there is no real offering for the type of bike we prefer from the good ol USA. I do not like V-twins, so as much as I might have liked a Buell I would have never got one.

I like smooth inline 4's and the triples from Triumph.

Having owned a 2007 XB9R, and having put down thousands of miles on it, and having owned a couple inline sixes(FZ6, GSX-R600)... that Buell was still a better street bike than both of my Japanese inlines. If I hadn't been laid off for almost a year I'd still have it.

I used to talk a lot of smack about Buell, then I acquired one... and absolutely loved it. One of the best canyon carvers I've ever ridden. It would absolutely wipe its ass with my Ducati 748. (unless it was a long, fast sweeper.. the old Duc just loved those)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Actually there are better bikes to learn on IMO. We had one Buell Blast in our fleet for the MSF and I made sure it stayed parked. It has a very touchy clutch, at least this one did. I couldn't even ride it LOL...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Harley Riders according to South Park: The F word

We got you covered! So don't be Hatin! Buell is not Harley .... I like the Buells! They dumped the wrong part of the company.....

Still...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8q5uc_3mK8]YouTube - Brub brub brub brub brub brub[/ame]