So a Harley Worker Comes in....

hise0001

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny... My harley story goes back summer before last. Me fairly fresh out of MSF, maybe 800-1000 miles under my belt, riding my 300cc Johnny Pag chinese bike, in my neon mesh jacket. I walk out of the store and getting my gear on when across the parking lot this guy fires up his loud harley.... He heads towards me fast and loud and starts to turn left in front of me.... well... his kickstand was down and started grinding the pavement... his eys were huge with "oh sh!t" written all over them.

He managed to get his kickstand up in time and didn't look at me as he passed and then goosed it to be as loud as he could be.

I swore I'd never tell anybody because it could happen to me one day.... now I've told the internet... I hope I'm not jinxing myself :)

Mr Buck

Born on the wrong side
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Buell Blast

Funny looking thing aint it?!

I dont recall that ever making it to English shores, we had others, but I've never seen anything like that "Blast" thing :confused:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Being the very professional, passive person you are, you should have told him nicely, "Thanks! The next time I see it broken down along the road I'll know it's you!"

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not professional lol, like I said, not very good with comebacks or insults. However, I will keep these ideas in mind next time, im sure I ill see him again, this is his 3rd time in the store.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I am not professional lol, like I said, not very good with comebacks or insults. However, I will keep these ideas in mind next time, im sure I ill see him again, this is his 3rd time in the store.

Just keep a quart of used motor oil at work and when he comes in, go pour some under his bike. you'll have him looking for hours. if you want to be more obvious, keep oil dry (kitty litter) to either put under his bike or hand him a quart zip lock bag of it.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just keep a quart of used motor oil at work and when he comes in, go pour some under his bike. you'll have him looking for hours. if you want to be more obvious, keep oil dry (kitty litter) to either put under his bike or hand him a quart zip lock bag of it.

I will just have to over charge him during his purchase and pocket the rest for food later :D

biker57

Reaction score
Visit site
I think that being a Harley owner for 5 years before now owning a 2009 FZ6 really makes me appreciate my FZ all the more. The Harley boys just don't know what they're missing. My FZ is truly a far superior machine to any Harley on the road, including the now defunked Buel brand.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
The next time he walks in just run up to him very quickly and make it seem you are extremely disappointed and say " oh im SOOOO sorry we just sold out of the last Barbara Streisand record we had in the back corner of the store"

FZ6_WVU

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow.. How fast it goes from one story about a Harley Rider, which was really a Buell rider, to a bash Harley party.. :spank::BLAA:

Can't we all get along!?!?!?:confused::D:D

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geoff, thanks for this thread, it has been sooo funny :) And for the record I do like the Buells :)

Just remember like I said earlier in my first post, it has nothing to do with the buell, just rider being a dick. I have don't really have anything against buell or Harley because i I have never rode either one. I have only ridden BMW, Honda, yamaha, suzuki.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Geoff, sounds to me like the guy was just joking around... I don't see any "a-hole" comments there... just imho...

Having owned a 2007 XB9R, and having put down thousands of miles on it, and having owned a couple inline sixes(FZ6, GSX-R600)... that Buell was still a better street bike than both of my Japanese inlines. If I hadn't been laid off for almost a year I'd still have it.

I used to talk a lot of smack about Buell, then I acquired one... and absolutely loved it. One of the best canyon carvers I've ever ridden. It would absolutely wipe its ass with my Ducati 748. (unless it was a long, fast sweeper.. the old Duc just loved those)

+1 :rockon: