Snowmobiles

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
So, in a couple weeks I get to try snowmobiling. I'm new to this. Someone said 100+ mph on the snow and I decided I have to try it. My wife works at a Yamaha dealership and they love her there. We always get invited to the industry stuff. So we get to demo the new 08 sleds. I'm stoked. I would appreciate any tips or tricks.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
heres my tips: watgatt!
dress warm you may be in the cold longer than you think!
also wear sunscreen you dont wan't sunburn!
have fun!

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks, I'm an avid snowboarder, so I have plenty of gear. The only thing I need is a helmet. I'm thinking about using my street helmet and balaclava. My wife seems to thing she's going to use a motocross lid with snowboarding googles.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
wear a helmet..... stay low and centered if you are going fast... stay relaxed...

I have gone over 100 on a snowmobile... it is REALLY FAST

I hope you will be on a lake cuz a bump at 100 is deadly

have fun...

I rode Yamaha snowmobiles since I was a little kid...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my advice is to stay away from the sled if it wants you off of it, also be careful and have fun, snowmobiles are awesome.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you want to expound a bit on this... ?? Ya lost me:confused:

well, if by chance the sled wants you off of it, i would listen. Don't hold on if you are going to tip or fall off (not that you are going to be going berserk) then just get away from the machine and catch up to it later, i have a few friends that got hurt or almost hurt by trying to hang on.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well, if by chance the sled wants you off of it, i would listen. Don't hold on if you are going to tip or fall off (not that you are going to be going berserk) then just get away from the machine and catch up to it later, i have a few friends that got hurt or almost hurt by trying to hang on.
I just watched my new copy of "MotoGP 2007 in Review" tonight, the really Fast bikers seem to do the same thing! :Sport:

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
Its kind of like riding a quad or 3 wheeler, lean deep in the turns. The steering skids wont do much unless you lean. It'll also be more stable. Try to stay on the packed snow. The powder will eat you alive and these things don't push to well.

Other than that, Have Fun!:thumbup: