Smoked Integrated LED Tail-Light

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had no idea it would be this involved! I'm up for it though, might put it on the list. Love the smoked look. Thanks for the write-up.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
My taillight finally arrived today and I installed it. I see what you mean about the ring, what a stupid way of fitting it. I just threw it aside and pulled out my trusty hot glue gun and glued it into the reflector, and covered the back of the circuit board with glue as well. Works great so far, really cleaned up the back end, especially since I got a smaller fender eliminator to put on in conjunction with it. Dark out now but I'll snap a pic tomorrow. I'll update if the light falls out without the ring, but I doubt it.

On a side note, it still bugs me how much movement the taillight assembly has on those rubber mounts. Seeing as it is all LED now which are a lot less susceptible to vibration damage, I'm thinking of just mounting it solidly. Anyone tried this?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know why there seems to be a difference between the integrated lights for the ABS and non ABS models?
I have the ABS model and there is no difference in the stock taillight to that of the non-ABS bike. There shouldn't be any need for the integrated ones to be either! You sure you're not looking at lights for the FZ6 compared to the FZ6 S2? Otherwise I would buy whichever integrated light you want/can afford whether it says it's for the ABS or not.

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also looking into this mod.

I currently have a Silver/black 2004 FZ6 S. But im thinking or switching to the FZ6 S2 2010 Autum Orange (mostly because of the ABS option + the looks are awesome)

This mod is not that expensive 30$ on ebay. But i'm dont know if i should get the smoke version or a white one. I dont like clear.

So i think i will so play it save and go for smoke :) And i will add smoke Flush lights in the front. And maybe in the back. Just for good visibility.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site