Slip-On vs. Full Exhaust

FlyguyCFI

Reaction score
Visit site
First of all, im an uber-newbie....

I was just wondering what the difference is between the slip-on and full exhaust's. Is it like cat-backs and full exhaust's on cars? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

-Kevin

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I believe they are just slip-ons only but also have a cat replacement pipe available as well.

From Scorpion Web Site for FZ6: Scorpion have developed the twin underseat silencer as a replacement for the standard system. By fitting this silencer the bike's looks and sounds are greatly improved. Theres is also a cat replacement pipe available for this application.

Scorpion Exhausts

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
glad you like the site, and from what i understand, nobody makes aftermarket headers for the FZ6 so it is usually a slip on and a cat eliminator pipe that is the closest to a full system that you can get without going custom.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
IIRC devil exhausts for one

EDIT: sorry its a generic pic of their product range

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Maybe the question should be why does one want a "full" exhasut system as oppsoed to just new cans?

I can see the value of replacing the cans and possibly removing the CAT, but why do you want to even bother with new headers for? Slip-Ons and CAT pipes are a dime a dozen and there are pleanty to choose from.

Last edited:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
depends on the added benefits (if any) of a full system. I'm just going on the knowledge of cars/trucks. You can add a badass muffler, but you still got stock headers and to get real gains, you replace from headers back.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Good point...I don't know. Maybe the header pipes aren't as angular which allows easier backflow?

I agree. How much could actually be gained by changing the headers. They do not have harsh bends in them stock. How could they be bent in a better way? IMO I do not see how the FZ could benefit from a full system any more than a set of after market cans and Cat Elimination Pipe. Especially if you weigh in how much more it would cost vs. what you get out. But who knows, maybe the different would be night vs day.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Judging by your questions and comments, you are not sure if a new/different header will do for the bike's performance. Not sure myself. So shouldn't you instead be asking what, if any, difference does an aftermarket or different header make to the bike's performace? Then based on that, try to find aftermarket headers?

I'm not trying to be a dick here, just seems a little back assward putting the call out to find something when you don't even know if it even does anything....

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
So shouldn't you instead be asking what, if any, difference does an aftermarket or different header make to the bike's performace?

This is what I was trying to say, but I went the long way around I guess. So?

Personally, I do not see how, but anything is possible.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well i was sure that lazer did one ..but im not so sure now

but i have found out yoshi make pipes for the fz6..i like yoshi's even if they are in bed with suzuki

1A0-382-5450l.jpg

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what I was trying to say, but I went the long way around I guess. So?

Personally, I do not see how, but anything is possible.

stock headers are 9 times out of 10 more restrictive by nature..twins and single cylinder thumpers deffinatley gain power from aftermarket headers FACT.

If the same can be said for 4 pots i dont know,im sure the evidence can be found on the web either way

CFPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
I think that if somebody had somehow damaged their headers, buying new ones wouldn't just be for performance, but maybe just making things look good again? That was one of the first things that came to mind when i saw this thread, it'd be good to know there are options if something happens.