Slip-on Muffler

ms mrdr

PB4UGO
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking for a slip-on muffler that requires no "Power Commander" or remapping of the fuel system. I want a true slip on. What do you guys recommend? I want something I can do in the garage and out the door to ride.

S

sportrider

I just bought Scorpion exhaust, it claims no fuel remapping is required. I'm sure the same is with most slip ons. as far as installation I think they mostly would be the same. I won't be able to help you with the install, the dealer offered to install mine for free so I let them.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think that all of them can run with no map without an issue, the re-map is to further the performance even further.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It isn't very hard if you've ever worked on a vehicle before. I'd say a 3 or so. I believe there is another thread on this exact topic.

Try the search at the top of the page for scorpion and see what pops up!

*and welcome to the forum arm365661!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my thread on my Akrapovic exhaust install, pretty much the same as any other brand. It's not too hard.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/2542-akrapovic-exhaust-install.html

I make sure I didn't miss any parts I laid them out on the garage floor in the order that I removed them.

The Akrapovic fits perfectly, no mangeling involved, it can be stock quiet or butt ass load, depending on what you like.

The install took about 2 hours working at a mellow pace while drinking beers.

As others have said the majority of exhaust do not require a PCIII. The PCIII is simply a nice addition to help refine the throttle repsonse and maximize performance within the meat of the power band.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking for a slip-on muffler that requires no "Power Commander" or remapping of the fuel system. I want a true slip on. What do you guys recommend? I want something I can do in the garage and out the door to ride.

All slip ons do not require re-map, thats why they are slip-ons, just mount them and off you go! Mine were not hard, basically its like a puzzle, you take parts off, unscrew stuff then replace it with other parts, pretty easy, just time consuming. Heres my thread when i did my Leo's
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/5875-leo-vince-evo-ii-sbk-cf-exhausts.html

lilleman

Crash test Dummie
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi! Got a nice sounding Akrapovic slip on. Looks good and sounds better!!! Took about 45 min to install. Perfect fit! Only mod was to let Yamaha Motorcycle center adjust the Co. (Wich you can by yourself)