Single (clutch side) Frame Slider

MUTCHYMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Laid down my 'new' bike at 5-10 MPH. All was fine and only the Frame slider got dinged until it hit a pothole and bent the crap out of it. Left side (clutch side) slider needed. 06 FZ6. Let me know what you got. Donations gratefult accepted!

Other damage includes scrapes on the clutch cover that didn't even break through the black coating and the left edges of the fairings got scratched but you can't tell at a quick glance. Nothing broken; hell, the front lights and mirror didn't even get scratched. Damn gravel/miss marked road; I was the third person to wipe at the spot TODAY the person who lives there said. Didn't even scratch my jacket or jeans... The others weren't so lucky, apparently. Thank g-d I was just joy riding, not even going the speed limits!

Do other people a favour and ring your city / town hall and explain what happened and that other people have suffered the same fate.

they should fix it up quicker

Unfortunately it is a back road that is not 'supposed' to be used except for local traffic. However, GPS's show that it is an actual road that continues on! The two gentleman that live near there (and heard the downshift) have tried effortlessly to get it fixed up/better marking. In fact, one of them suffered the same fate me and the many others have as well. EVEN A CEMENT TRUCK RAN OFF THE ROAD HERE! But the city won't do anything... Lame, and a little bit ridiculous. Finally, the gentlemen want to put up their own sign but they said the city won't approve it without zoning permits, etc. Government bullcrap at its best.

Back