Since the weather stayed so nice...

hardway

Reaction score
Visit site
I got some more riding in!
Had a meeting down in the east bay this morning. On the way home, around Petaluma, I decided to get off the freeway (loud, boring, lots of idiots) and take the back roads. I haven't let my dad ride the fz6 yet, so I figured I'd back road it to his house and see if he wanted to try her out.

In the "town" of Bloomfield, there is an old road house called 'Stormy's'. It's been there since 1854, when it was a stage coach stop. The area around this little town is all cattle country, and Stormy's has been serving up luscious, grass fed beef from the surrounding hill sides for the last 150+ years.
They have absolutely killer prime rib. The steaks are probably pretty good too, but I can't actually say for sure because I never get anything but the prime rib.
Unfortunately, I forgot they only open for lunch on the weekends!

Downtown Bloomfield
IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Surrounding hills (where the beef comes from, YUM!)
IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Road out of town
IMG_0037.jpg

I haven't been out on some of these roads in a while, it was pretty nostalgic.
This little field by the side of the road was our "beer can flats" back in high school
IMG_0039.jpg

Looks like the kids are still tearing it up!
IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

A couple shots of the ride to my dad's
IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

Convinced my dad to take out the fz6, he stayed out for almost an hour! Hopefully I can talk him in to getting a bike again.

Last edited:

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great place to ride! Love buildings with history and it's cool that Stormy's was established in 1854. Thanks for sharing the pictures; the FZ in black looks great! :thumbup:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah the back roads of Ca are bitchin'. Nice pics, reminds me of last Sunday's ride through Chrome without the redwoods.
Find that one on your Ca map.

hardway

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah the back roads of Ca are bitchin'. Nice pics, reminds me of last Sunday's ride through Chrome without the redwoods.
Find that one on your Ca map.

I'll bet that's a nice ride. I found a Chrome on mapquest, it puts it out on the 162, on the east side of mendo nat'l forest.
Do you know if the 162 goes through the nat'l forrest? As in, could you ride from Covelo to Newville?
I want to ride up to the Mt. Lassen area this summer. I haven't been up there for a while and love the country. My friend's dad rents a cabin at Eagle Lake every summer, I was thinking of packing a fishing pole and meeting him up there. Lots of good roads for the FZ6 too.

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh you found it! Chrome has a barn on one side of the road and a house on the other , that's it.
Not sure but I doubt 162 goes through.
Lassen is great in the summer as anywhere in the northern Sierras, fall is even better when the most of the campers go home and the roads are real quiet.

hardway

Reaction score
Visit site
Lassen is great in the summer as anywhere in the northern Sierras, fall is even better when the most of the campers go home and the roads are real quiet.

Good idea. I always go to Yosemite in the fall to avoid the crowds. As soon as the temp drops below freezing at night, the place is a ghost town, even the valley! I guess Lassen would probably be the same.

sweber_7

Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful pictures! I can't even explain how jealous I am of that weather. They cancelled school today due to the -45 degree wind chills, so all I can do is dream.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i am in a current freeze and its only like 10F out right now with some wind.. sucks royally.. wish i was out in cali to be able to ride durring the winter.. good pics though