Signal Light Removal?

crazy_canuck

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, I just bought some flushmont LEDs and smaller rear signals for my bike. Just wondering if there is a way to remove the old signals without cutting the existing wiring? Any help would be appeciated.

firsttimefz

Reaction score
Visit site
you have to cut the wires and attach them to the new ones that come with the lights, make sure you have a secure connection between existing wires and the new wires and sauder them if possible, if not electrial tape should do the trick

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
As stated you have to cut the wires off the back of your stock singals. Try to leave a bit of wire lenghts on the stock ones you are cutting off in case you ever need or want to put them back on.

What brand of flush mounts did you get?

crazy_canuck

Reaction score
Visit site
I figured as much. Was just surprise there was no connector as there is for the front signals. Thx guys. Now all I have to do is wait for the tempurature to get above freezing so I can finish everything! lol

I bought the mototeck ones that sportrider installed. Price was right and I thought they did a pretty good job. Next thing is the pod lights that I'd like to run for signals so folks can definitely see me signaling from the front.

yamafz6db

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, I just bought some flushmont LEDs and smaller rear signals for my bike. Just wondering if there is a way to remove the old signals without cutting the existing wiring? Any help would be appeciated.

Not really, because of the exhaust, I cut mine down about 3 inches after the stalk and then soldered my new wires on.Then i used liquid tape. Dave

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
By reading this post I wonder if cutting the turn signal cable is necessary for the removal of the stock license plate holder and then installing the fender eliminator kit. The instructions included in the FE kit mentioned disconnecting the turn signals, but I have not done that yet. Does anyone have any pix of the turn signals being disconnected and/or of doing the FE mod?

Cheers