Side mounted exhaust

chin123

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can mount a side mounted exhaust and keep center stand on a FZ 6? Really hate the look of the undertail plus heat.

It would look crap unless you made new bodywork. If you don't like it why buy it? Get an FZ6R.

+1. Of course, the undertail exhaust is one of the things I love about my FZ6. I have to agree with Andz...why buy an FZ6 if you don't like it??? Look at another bike, like the FZ6R or something like that.

Thanks, for the link looks good to me. Reason is like the naked look of the FZ6 not a full fairing like the FZ6R. Plus guys I know complain about heat on undertails.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I haven't noticed any heat from the underseat exhaust. Maybe a passenger would, but I don't ride with out.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I haven't noticed any heat from the underseat exhaust. Maybe a passenger would, but I don't ride with out.

+1! Even my passanger has never complained about hot buns. Who are these "guys" who complain about the undertail exhaust on the FZ6 getting the seat warm?!?!?

I really didn't notice it much, until maybe after riding over an hour straight. One time I DID notice it was when I strapped a bag of ice to the seat to carry to the campground...and my rear end promptly got wet when the ice started melting!

There was a guy on SBN a year or two ago that put the newer r6 underbody exhaust on....trying to find the thread... The exhaust looked nice but the rear end looked like crap without the exhaust/cover on there.

Edit: Can't find the thread but I found the guy's avatar showing it:

According to his posts, the headers and exhaust system off an 05 R6 bolted right up to the block and produced a noticeable difference in power.

Last edited:
Back