should have made sure before i bought it.

shermantank24

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if an after market windshield for an fz1 will fit my fz6? Long story short i bought the wrong thing off ebay today and was wondering if was compatible before i went through process of canceling the order.

i cancled the order. you know this is my first street bike after owning a 82 honda magna v45 and a 02 kawasaki vulcan 750 and i got to say this bike fits me way better. i always watched guys ride by on crouch rockets and would think how do they lay down like that and ride for any amount of time. but then i was at the dealership the other day and the salesguy explained how the fz6 was set up with plenty of power but the relaxed sitting position. i test drove it and 2 hours later it was mine. ive drove it everyday since. i am 6 feet tall 210 pounds but the only complaints i have are that a little wind is catching the top of my helmet when im tucked in and my foot pegs aren't wide enough for my big ol feet. does anyone have any suggestions on a windshield and footpegs?

the bike is bone stock right now but i do plan on doing all the necessary mods and also the aesthetic ones to. i want to do all the right ones thats why i joined the forum to get feedback from more experienced riders so any and all comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

i cancled the order. you know this is my first street bike after owning a 82 honda magna v45 and a 02 kawasaki vulcan 750 and i got to say this bike fits me way better. i always watched guys ride by on crouch rockets and would think how do they lay down like that and ride for any amount of time. but then i was at the dealership the other day and the salesguy explained how the fz6 was set up with plenty of power but the relaxed sitting position. i test drove it and 2 hours later it was mine. ive drove it everyday since. i am 6 feet tall 210 pounds but the only complaints i have are that a little wind is catching the top of my helmet when im tucked in and my foot pegs aren't wide enough for my big ol feet. does anyone have any suggestions on a windshield and footpegs?

the bike is bone stock right now but i do plan on doing all the necessary mods and also the aesthetic ones to. i want to do all the right ones thats why i joined the forum to get feedback from more experienced riders so any and all comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

I'm 6'4" and I went with the MRA vario touring windscren. It has a spoiler in the front which you can adjust to 6 different positions. I still caught some air when sitting upright, but when tucked I didn't hardly notice anything. I also tucked low enough though with the stock screen that it really wasn't that noticeable unless under higher wind conditions anyway.

View attachment 46776

Ya the little wind that hitting my helmet is tolerable but I do want a darker windscreen so might as well get one that will get rid of the wind to. Ive already tried to tint it myself but i can't get the ripples out of it and don't think it will look to sharp even if i could. I think ill take a look at the ones with the spoilers on them because I do and will comute back an forths from work and do alot of upright driving. I am trying to go cheaper on the wind screen and pegs so I can buy some lower fairings for the bike. I like the ones on eBay from england they're pretty sharp.

If any one is selling lower fairings send me some pics and a price. I do pay cash!

Don't use window tint on your screen. Simply paint the inside of the screen with black paint. If you want some transparency, you can use translucent paint folks use on headlights / tail-lights.

As for pegs, they're not supposed to be as wide as your boots. Aftermarket sport pegs are typically even narrower/smaller than the stock ones.

i had thought about painting it but as far as the pegs go i realized they dont need to be bigger i just need to get some that wont let my foot slide like the hard rubbered factory ones.

i had thought about painting it but as far as the pegs go i realized they dont need to be bigger i just need to get some that wont let my foot slide like the hard rubbered factory ones.

what kind of shoe or boot are you wearing? My feet never slipped on my factory pegs and I wore from tennis shoes, hiking boots and dress shoes.

what kind of shoe or boot are you wearing? My feet never slipped on my factory pegs and I wore from tennis shoes, hiking boots and dress shoes.

Same try a tennis shoe on a short ride as for the fairings I have a set of those they come in black only so for me I want to paint them also if you have frame sliders you have to cut a hole too keep then so I don't know what your capable of but it's something I'm still debating because 300 dollars new too just cut a whole in I'd sketchy lol

As for the screen I have a puig dark smoke it's goo enough for the wind with the fZ1 handle bars it's perfect but the smoke is purple ish kinda bugs me

I have done a few mods if you have any questions feel free to shoot a pm ican try to get some pics for you

My cousin has a saki ninja 650 has a zero gravity wind screen that thing is black as night I think it looks bad ass

Last edited:
maybe its the way i ride( i am new to street bikes), my work boots or the fact that its rained every other day since ive bought the bike but i keep having to pull my feet back closer to the bike

i did buy me some mid fairing from a salvage yard today. they're both i good shape and after a day or so with my father inlaw they will be about perfect. only paid $100. if i can figure out how, ill post some pics.

$(KGrHqZ,!hQF!b)crqsyBQUQWRIOcQ~~60_1.JPG

$T2eC16N,!ysE9sy0hY3kBQUT+TrIPQ~~60_1.JPG

i wander if i should color match the factory blue or go with black?

Factory paint is expensive if you going the cheap route id say rattle can black

if you want it to look great ponny up :rockon:

hope it all comes together easy for you

I'd stick with a full leather shoe or boot. If you start watching youtube and see people go down in tennis shoes, it's kind of frightening.

Maybe it's time for some new work boots. I wear an over the ankle Timberland boot that has about 50% of tread on them and only get minimal slipping when it's raining out. I think the water is the problem and you'd probably have to go to a full metal rearset to get pegs without rubber and not have to worry about slipping as much in the rain.

FYI, when picking rear sets it's worth considering that most of them are fixed pegs and if you put one down in the corner it is more likely to upset the bike than the foldable factory rearsets.

If you bring down, say the side pod (or front fender-depending on any paint fade) to an automotive paint store, they should be able to use the computer and do an exact color match for your new side panels and mix you up a quart.

Back