Short Stalks & Rumble FE Installed!

thedrew

Reaction score
Visit site
Threw on my Rumble FE kit as well as some Lockhart Phillips Short Stalk V turn signals... Iridium with amber bulb. I think they match with the 07 FZ6 flawlessly. I used a two 1 1/2" #8 washers (one on each side of the oem bracket), spray painted black as well as a 1 1/2" rubber washer to mount the fronts.

The Rumble kit is alright as a finished product. The LED plate light had what must have been 100 gauge wire which was completely worthless, I didn't even bother trying to solder it to the oem wiring.

Fitment however, not so nice. the ears that come up off the bracket to mount to the exhaust were too narrow. I had to flatten the bracket, grind the holes larger, and bend the bracket back to fit properly.

With the my gripes, I still dig the way the kit fits, where it holds the lights, and how clean it looks.

Sorry the pics aren't great, and the bike was (is) dirty! Next sunny day I will wash her up and get some good shots... Next on the list is a Puig racing screen, probably regular smoke... then exhaust if I can ever settle on one, leaning towards titanium leos, but I like the single photo I've seen of the carbon M4's...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
those do look great!!! i was looking into those but have not had the chance (or $) to get them yet, now when i can i will...

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Threw on my Rumble FE kit as well as some Lockhart Phillips Short Stalk V turn signals... Iridium with amber bulb. I think they match with the 07 FZ6 flawlessly. I used a two 1 1/2" #8 washers (one on each side of the oem bracket), spray painted black as well as a 1 1/2" rubber washer to mount the fronts.

The Rumble kit is alright as a finished product. The LED plate light had what must have been 100 gauge wire which was completely worthless, I didn't even bother trying to solder it to the oem wiring.

Fitment however, not so nice. the ears that come up off the bracket to mount to the exhaust were too narrow. I had to flatten the bracket, grind the holes larger, and bend the bracket back to fit properly.

With the my gripes, I still dig the way the kit fits, where it holds the lights, and how clean it looks.

Sorry the pics aren't great, and the bike was (is) dirty! Next sunny day I will wash her up and get some good shots... Next on the list is a Puig racing screen, probably regular smoke... then exhaust if I can ever settle on one, leaning towards titanium leos, but I like the single photo I've seen of the carbon M4's...

What are you using to illuminate your license plate?
I also ordered the Rumble FE kit, and was very disappointed with it. The quality appeared to be very nice until I tried to install it, and I hit the same issues as you did. Also, the silly little LED 'license plate' light was useless. I sent an email complaining about the kit to the supplier, which they assured me was forwarded to the manufactuer, who said I was "the only person who had complained about their excellent new product". :rolleyes:
The Rumble FE kit also places the license plate in almost the same position as the OEM fender kit....a little bit too far back, imo.
You've made a nice job of the installation, and it looks great on your bike. :thumbup:

thedrew

Reaction score
Visit site
Not using anything to light my plate at the moment... Cops aren't that picky here in WA State fortunately. On my old SV I had the plate mounted down by the rear shock on the inside of the fender and never had a single issue with it, even when I was pulled over a couple of times for "stolen bike matching this description" aka endorsement check.

I am not too concerned with a plate light currently, I will figure something out sooner or later.

Hmm... seeing the dark smoke puig makes me wonder if I should go that route instead of regular smoke... Decisions!

Redhawk

2QuickFZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice, how much did the short stalks cost ya? I like the factory front signals for saftey reasons but the short stalks look very nice. Are they pretty bright when lit up?

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice, how much did the short stalks cost ya? I like the factory front signals for saftey reasons but the short stalks look very nice. Are they pretty bright when lit up?

i got them cheap from ebay but i really am not too happy about the visibility for them,,,i think they are fine but not comparable with an LED...

thedrew

Reaction score
Visit site

$15 a pair at a local shop. I think they are plenty bright, of course not as noticeable as the oem blinkers because of size... but I can accept the tradeoff for the cleaner look. :)