Short People....

Reaction score
Visit site
Short People....Please read, new comment!

:spank:I'm 5'7" and 29" inseam, see the problem? So I loosened the fork clamps and slid the forks up 30MM. Going for a ride, will let you know on Monday how it works out, GRUMPY I'm editing this thread to say that I wanted to inform and ask about this issue. Not to give anyone a platform to take shots at TALL people. They cannot help being TALL, it's like a birth defect. So please don't take shots at those of us who were unfortunate as to be born with this defect. Why can't we all just get along? GRUMPY

Last edited:

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
very curious to see what your thoughts are - my forks were dropped a little less than that (about 20 mm) by the previous owner and I didn't realize it wasn't supposed to be that way for quite a while. They had also installed 1" risers which I guess kept the weight on the hands about the same as it was. Every once and I while I toy with the idea of pulling them up to see what the effect is but it's pretty low on the priority list and I never get there - your results may lead me to do it or forget for once.

I

inkrediboy

I'm 5-7 and 34 seam - 160lbs, I feel you.

I was in flatfooted bliss on my previous cruiser bikes :) - (even had lowering air shocks at the flip of a switch I could drag asphalt sparks). I had to get used to the floating above a gas tank exposed in mid air superman feel on my R1. I've since molded into this superior stance, and can't believe I rode any other way.

I single foot my way around - and am completely used to it now.

No intensions of lowering my bike - don't want to affect performance or the crazy lean angles we shoot for in the Canyons.

Do what makes you comfortable for sure, and adjust for how you ride. Have a great day and ride safe.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5-7 and 34 seam - 160lbs, I feel you.

I was in flatfooted bliss on my previous cruiser bikes :) - (even had lowering air shocks at the flip of a switch I could drag asphalt sparks). I had to get used to the floating above a gas tank exposed in mid air superman feel on my R1. I've since molded into this superior stance, and can't believe I rode any other way.

I single foot my way around - and am completely used to it now.

No intensions of lowering my bike - don't want to affect performance or the crazy lean angles we shoot for in the Canyons.

Do what makes you comfortable for sure, and adjust for how you ride. Have a great day and ride safe.

Are you *sure* you're a 34" inseam? I'm a 32 and flatfoot the FZ6 without any modifications to suspension or seat. Curious...

*EDIT* Not only can I flatfoot but my knees are both bent...

Last edited:

Sqrly

Reaction score
Visit site
30" waist and 34" inseam. I have no issue with bike heighths. Just finding pants that fit!

BTW...Grumpy, if you havn't done so already, bounce your front end to make sure your headlight cowl/assembly does not make contact with your fender. My wifes Ninja did when I lowered it. Just trying to keep it clean.

Last edited:
I

inkrediboy

Are you *sure* you're a 34\" inseam? I'm a 32 and flatfoot the FZ6 without any modifications to suspension or seat. Curious...

*EDIT* Not only can I flatfoot but my knees are both bent...

Oops I meant 34 waist - I am 30 inseam. My bad - i'm not a seamstress :)

And yeah, tall people suck ha ha :):rockon:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oops I meant 34 waist - I am 30 inseam. My bad - i'm not a seamstress :)

And yeah, tall people suck ha ha :):rockon:

Ah! That explains it! So, you only need 2" heels! :D

You could get the lowered seat or shave your own to pick up an inch at least. You can drop the forks in the triples about 1/2" or so without dramatically changing the bike dynamics. There's a 1" lowering link from Matisse (SP?) that can get you a little closer. With all three in play, I think you could flatfoot the bike! :thumbup:

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm like a 31" ~ 32" inseam. I can stand flat footed but the stock seat pressures the inside of my thieghs when I do. So I tend to have my heals slightly lifted.

I have the comfort seat on order. It appears to be more rounded than the stock seat. I'll let you all know if the comfort seat not having the hard edges the stock seat does gives me extra room to put feet flat easily.

BTW, I order my comfort seat from RonAyers.com for $142 + $15 shipping. I am really hoping that it solves the aching butt syndrome on long rides.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In all fairness.....tall people have their own set of problems. My brother is 6'4" and about 300lbs. He has a hard time finding clothes, fitting in cars.....and so forth. I guess you just make the best of what you got.:Flash:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm like a 31\" ~ 32\" inseam. I can stand flat footed but the stock seat pressures the inside of my thieghs when I do. So I tend to have my heals slightly lifted.

I have the comfort seat on order. It appears to be more rounded than the stock seat. I'll let you all know if the comfort seat not having the hard edges the stock seat does gives me extra room to put feet flat easily.

BTW, I order my comfort seat from RonAyers.com for $142 + $15 shipping. I am really hoping that it solves the aching butt syndrome on long rides.

For me, the comfort seat about doubled my comfort zone before needing a break. Not having the ridges there is a big bonus!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In all fairness.....tall people have their own set of problems. My brother is 6'4\\" and about 300lbs. He has a hard time finding clothes, fitting in cars.....and so forth. I guess you just make the best of what you got.:Flash:

Hey! Us "Everything Average" guys have many problems too! Like, everything in MY sizes is sold out unless I am there first with a baseball bat to beat back the Average Crowd! ;)

All those clearance sales? Not the Average Sizes, just all the small, medium and XXL and above sizes!!!

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! Us \"Everything Average\" guys have many problems too! Like, everything in MY sizes is sold out unless I am there first with a baseball bat to beat back the Average Crowd! ;)

All those clearance sales? Not the Average Sizes, just all the small, medium and XXL and above sizes!!!

That is so true. Man I hate that!

I

inkrediboy

Ah! That explains it! So, you only need 2\" heels! :D

You could get the lowered seat or shave your own to pick up an inch at least. You can drop the forks in the triples about 1/2\" or so without dramatically changing the bike dynamics. There's a 1\" lowering link from Matisse (SP?) that can get you a little closer. With all three in play, I think you could flatfoot the bike! :thumbup:

ha ha
Heels??
Well Inches depends how far you want them rammed up your a.......:) just kidding, I"ll play nice. I know about the lowering options - I researched that before I bought the bike for sure. I find, i have no need for it now, and want all the angle and lean I can get of which stock height affords. I never sat on an FZ bike - how do they compare to the ONE?