Shipping Costs??

Shook1db

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I am looking to sell my front cowl/headlight assembly/fairing stay.

I'm sure you guys have sold and probably shipped most of these things and I was wondering if anybody could give me ideas as to how much it is going to cost to ship them. I can't get a quote b/c I have them at my parents house (which is 30 minutes away).

Thanks guys.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately, there are way too many variables to accurately give you a shipping cost. Box Size, weight, shape, your shipping location, and the receivers shipping location all play into how much it will cost.

I would strongly suggest packaging the parts before you commit to a shipping price. Large parts (especially that fairing assembly) take up way more space in a box than you would expect. With the parts boxed, you will then know the physical aspects of the package, mainly size and weight , that you can use to calculate shipping costs. UPS, FedEx, and USPS all have shipping calculators which are fairly accurate if you know where the part is going.

I will usually not include shipping in the price of a part that requires a large package. People are usually understanding and will send you their address so you can negotiate shipping & final price.

I have underestimated one too many times to "guesstimate" shipping anymore.

Shook1db

Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately, there are way too many variables to accurately give you a shipping cost. Box Size, weight, shape, your shipping location, and the receivers shipping location all play into how much it will cost.

I would strongly suggest packaging the parts before you commit to a shipping price. Large parts (especially that fairing assembly) take up way more space in a box than you would expect. With the parts boxed, you will then know the physical aspects of the package, mainly size and weight , that you can use to calculate shipping costs. UPS, FedEx, and USPS all have shipping calculators which are fairly accurate if you know where the part is going.

I will usually not include shipping in the price of a part that requires a large package. People are usually understanding and will send you their address so you can negotiate shipping & final price.

I have underestimated one too many times to "guesstimate" shipping anymore.

I had the same problem with a few car parts I have shipped. I just have seen people sell cowls and stuff and wasn't sure how much they paid for shipping. I just need to take the stuff in and get a quote on it from them but I need to go get the parts.