Shinn Needs your Help!

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright guys and girls, I have a dilemma. Two in fact.

Dilemma 1
Few days before Christmas I decided to pull my battery out. All went well, except for I dropped a bolt behind the battery box. I was fishing it out when my clumsy hands pushed it farther in. It has not fallen threw, and I figure it is still behind the battery box. Is there any way to remove the box, or can anyone think of a way to get this stubborn bolt out before I lose what little hair I have left?

Dilemma 2
I seem to have sprung a minor leak from one of my rad hoses right beside the clamp. I just had it serviced before putting it away, and everything was deemed fine. I just tightened the clamp now, and am hoping this will fix the problem. Anyone had anything like this happen before, and if so, mind telling me what caused it?

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on magnetic parts pick up.Mine has a flex line to reach into those tough spots.

Way easier than turning the bike over and shaking out the bolt;)

Most auto parts shop have them. A MUST for all tool boxes.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Shinn, those problems are no trouble at all:

Dilemma 1 - Yes, it is possible to remove the battery box completely. However, the HAYNES says you need to displace the AIR FILTER HOUSING. I wonder if you can take a shortcut around that step...

Dilemma 2 - Never had a leaky radiator hose before. You most likely solved that problem by re-tightening the connections.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
#1 - I'd work for while with a magnetic parts retriever before I'd remove the battery box to get since you have to take the air box off and that's not the least time consuming activity I've done on the bike. Not hard from a technical perspective but a lot of connections to remove/re-install when you should be able to get the bolt magnetically.

#2 - No direct experience, if there's no obvious damage to the hose and you re-tightened it I'd wait to see if that did it before trying something else.