Shift pedal adjustment

dblaze

Reaction score
Visit site
My shift pedal is quiet low I would like to adjust it I thick it’s adjusted by the nut on the linkage but I’m not 100%

I was premature with my question I had a fiddle over my lunch time & have now solved the problem.

:wav::wav::wav:

Last edited:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
My shift pedal is quiet low I would like to adjust it I thick it’s adjusted by the nut on the linkage but I’m not 100%

I was premature with my question I had a fiddle over my lunch time & have now solved the problem.

:wav::wav::wav:

Congratulations. :D

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually have the opposite problem.. I am gonna lower my shift pedal..it is WAY to high..I have to actually lift my foot up to downshift..lol....One of my buddies is gonna help me adjust it though....

sjk625

Reaction score
Visit site
Although it isn't the best picture, this should give you an idea of what you have to do. There is a rod with a 10mm nut on each side. Loosen both nuts and twist the rod towards the bike or away from the bike depending on whether or not you'd like to move it up or down. Once you have the desired position, re-tighten the nuts.

Shifter.jpg

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Worth adding that being a turnbuckle, the thread on the lower (right) side is a left hand thread.

sjk625

Reaction score
Visit site
If the rod won't twist, you either aren't twisting hard enough, or haven't loosened the nuts all the way.

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First check there is no dirt or grit on the threads at both ends. It should be loose enough to twist by hand. You could wrap a bit of rag around it and use some pliers.

Keep in mind it uses a ball end, and so there is an actual end-point to the adjustment. I would be surprised if you would reach it but certainly don't force it.

dblaze

Reaction score
Visit site
I adjusted mine by pulling back the rubber cover at the top & unscrewing the rod from the linkage then I pulled the linkage from the cog I put back on a couple of notch around from where it was. The previous owner must have adjusted it because I found two centre punch marks that were not inline once I had realigned them the shift pedal was back in the correct position.

Hope this reads ok.

yamahaha

that guy is fast
Reaction score
Visit site
damn, that bike is clean!

i was wondering about adjusting mine as well, thanks for the picture

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
Got it! Just wasn't trying hard enough! lol....Used a vise grips to "gently" turn it....got it nice and low now!! now I can just rest my foot on it so shifting is much better! havn't got to try it out and about but in town it seems better already!s

Thanks guys