Sherman Pass anyone??

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Thinking of riding up to Lake Isabella and then over to Kernville and do the Sherman Pass road back to the 395, like this link except the start would be at the 178 & 14 junction.
Motorcycle Roads (CA): Lake Isabella Loop (Sherman Pass Rd)

Camping out for one or two nights some place in the mountains would be fun so pack up your tent and sleeping bag.
Leave on a Mon and return on Tues or Wed.
Not sure of dates just yet but not now as it is forecast to be 103 in Inyokern so will avoid riding in a blast furnace and wait for a little cooler weather.
Just trying to get some feed back and see if any one is interested in doing this.

Jerry

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll have to pass on this one. :eek: I know, I'm turning down a ride!!! But I'll need to replace my camping gear first and it's not in my budget this year.

Looks like a fantastic ride!!

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I'll have to pass on this one. :eek: I know, I'm turning down a ride!!! But I'll need to replace my camping gear first and it's not in my budget this year.

Looks like a fantastic ride!!

I'm just planning it for now to see if any interest. Need to wait for cooler weather for the trek across the desert.:thumbup:

Jerry

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I have ridden this a few times and would do it again. As long as we wait until it cools down a bit I'm in.

That would be great, I have never ridden it having someone along who has would make it all the better.
Do you know some good camping spots??
And cooler weather will be worth waiting for, no fun riding in a blast furnace:eek:

Jerry

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'm going to get sick. :( (Camping, riding, breathtaking country, nightsky, OMG) It's so rewarding to reconnect with planet, the "other" world. Maybe next year...