Co, wy, mt, id, wy, ut, co

MakersTeleMark

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back last night from over 2000 miles on the motorcycle. Left Tues. morning. 6 very full days of riding with one day spent enjoying beer and fresh cherries on Lake Coeur d'Alene on the 4th. Was planning on making it back earlier, but got shut down by intense hail, driving winds and rain, and 3" of standing water trying to get to Jackson. Ended up spending an interesting night in Ashton, Id.

The next day the same damn thing happened trying to get to Green River, WY. Totally un-ridable conditions. Ended up spending a very interesting night in Big Piney, WY. Finished off the loop from there back home yesterday with great weather. Just skirted a big storm at Flaming Gorge.

Saw a bunch of country I've always wanted to check out. Saw the girlfriend for 12 hours then promptly dumped her when she finally, for the second time, broke the camel's back by being drunk, stupid, and went wandering with who knows and didn't come back for the night. I ended up sleeping on the roof of a stranger's boat on the lake.

So, in the end, I was left making love to my FZ6. Not exactly the week I had planned, but all that time in the saddle sure makes for some head-space. My legs, neck, and butt are sore, but my dreams are vivid.

Make your own map for cycling, hiking, driving, or swimming directions with Route Builder!

Couple of pics in no particular order:

eMhx8iQ.jpg

4ZjiGIO.jpg

wrkL3a3.jpg

Y8nhWwe.jpg

q3tZui9.jpg

CgZns38.jpg

4abPf18.jpg

5rHt48S.jpg

x3Hk9jM.jpg

8zKwqyf.jpg

Mildly NSFW, http://i.imgur.com/Q8OZPHa.jpg

0QceCVP.jpg

NNzShcT.jpg

X0Ckop9.jpg

igBH9Yl.jpg

mAN9e6t.jpg

MakersTeleMark

Reaction score
Visit site
So what's so interesting about Ashton, ID and Big Piney, WY???

Too bad about your breakup, and except for weather, sounds like you had a nice ride. :cheer:

What is interesting about those two town is their complete lack of anything interesting at all - except for the locals. Pulled into a bar to wait out a storm and watched someone take out 3 tables at 3 p.m. he was so drunk. An hour later, while the wind was blowing about 50 and there was a wall of black in my intended direction, other folks were calling down route and telling me current weather conditions. Then about a half hour later, one guy gave me the keys to his 80k dually and begged me to take this ancient cow poke home about 8 miles away because the old timer didn't want to walk in the weather. So I did. Took it slow on the ranching roads, and everyone in the bar was convinced I'd traded the FZ6 for the guy's truck. Mostly joking. Ended up going out to dinner with him and one lady offered a spare bedroom for me to stay in, but was passed out by 7:30 when I left her a message to accept the offer. Just one little story.

The cheese on the pavement was an indication of how hot the ride up was. Most of the time right around 100 and windy (good, and bad on that).