Shaved my seat, replaced with memory foam

What works best for YOU

• Total voters

ScubaSteve08

Reaction score
Visit site
So one day i got tired of my tail end being sore so I decided to do something about it. I pulled off the staples with a flathead screwdriver and pulled enough of the vinyl back to expose the area I wanted. Ultimately what i wanted to do after looking around all the aftermarket seats was create a 'dip' in the seat that hugs your butt rather than make you sit on top of it lol. I shaved down the foam with a coarse metal file which worked perfectly to bring it down little by little while keeping the surface surprisingly smooth during the whole process, I didn't need to sand the foam or anything. I got some rebond (pieces of foam glued back together, similar to the padding under carpet) and then I layered on top of that memory foam from a pillow I bought from walmart. Then i stapled the cover back on with a heavy duty would stapler (handheld).

ScubaSteve08

Reaction score
Visit site
I really liked it but in the end i figured that the memory is best used as a layer underneath rather than a top due to the fact that it compresses so easily. Better to have a stiffer foam on top in order to diffuse the weight of the rider over more area that way the memory foam's properties can really shine.

-On another note too, even though i found this out too late, if you keep a good portion of the foam intact toward the front area between your legs, you can help eliminate that sliding forward so many complain about.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd probably take more off of the backside of the seat so can sit 'in' the seat.
That's my fave thing about my shaved seat. Being able to sit back and low. I need to adjust my preload a bit more now I've changed to my light winter-gear from my leathers, but it's so comfy and I'm got a nice amount of space between the "boys" and the tank! :cheer:

ScubaSteve08

Reaction score
Visit site
No I totally spaced out taking a picture of it because I was in such a hurry to see how well it worked out for me lol. At this point I could only take a pic of it with the vinyl on.