shakey Mirror

teslas

Reaction score
Visit site
Am I the only one or has anybody else noticed that the shoulder mirrors shake like mama at a freeway speed of 65? You have to grab onto the bar in order to see anything behind you.
If you guys haven noticed this..what can we do/have you done to fix it?

Mirrors have vibrated on evey bike I've ever had. I think the FZ6's are pretty stable by comparison. Just one of the differences between riding and driving. Two brakes, put your feet down when you stop, and blurry images in the mirrors...all part of the fun.

Am I the only one or has anybody else noticed that the shoulder mirrors shake like mama at a freeway speed of 65? You have to grab onto the bar in order to see anything behind you.
If you guys haven noticed this..what can we do/have you done to fix it?

Never noticed my mirrors shaking. Mine is good, but mine's an 'o6 too.

The mirrors move up and down three inches? Literally?

If yes, then you need to take off the inner fairing panels and find out why your mirrors are about to fall off. That ain't normal.

Fred

Last edited:
Mine don't shake either stopped or at 90+. Them things are awesome.

mine don't shake but vibrate. at highway speeds i can't keep them "out" they get pushed forward (toward me) due to the wind but i can still see behind me

on my ride home i rode solely on the highway and did not notice any excessive shaking, the normal vibration from the bike but nowhere near 2-3". I would take it to your shop and ask them to take it for a test ride and fix it, or you could take off the inner fairing panel and see if the bolt is tight.

Ok, 2-3 inches may be a bit over the top. But it sure seems like 2-3 inches. Maybe its like 1-2 inches. But still, its bad enough to make you go nutty.

Mine vibrate pretty bad at speed. The answer (if I'm paranoid the fuzz is behind me) - pull the clutch - dip the revs - et voila - no shakey shakey and crystal clear mirrors:thumbup:

Cant say i have noticed any movement in the mirrors but maybe its cos im to busy watching where im going and not where iv been :p

My mirror was missing a nut!

On the subject of shakey mirrors, after reading this thread, I checked how tight my mirrors were, and the right seemed a bit loose. So, I took off the plastic cover around the dash to look at the mounting bolts for the mirrors. The righ mirror didn't even have a nut on one of the bolts, and the other nut was loose. :mad: Both nuts on the left mirror were also loose (They weren't backing off, but I could turn them with my fingers). It looks like whoever put my bike together got distracted while he was doing the mirrirs and never finished the job. I'm really glad I checked. If your mirrors aren't mounted rock solid, you should definitely check the bolts.

By the way, I couldn't believe how easy it was to get the plastic covers off. Two screws in each side piece and four screws in the center piece and they came right off. I wish cars were as maintenance friendly.:)

Back