Setting up a workshop...lease sorted, time to get busy!

Z

Zealadin

Damn right, there used to be a great shop nearby that I always went too, but they where expensive (edit: and they went bust a few months ago).

Also sorry to kind of thread hijack, but since your knowledgeable of bikes, I posted in the mechanical section a worrying issue I'm having, any chance you could take a quick look incase you can shed any light on it

This should be it: http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/16999-gear-changing-issue.html#post214544

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn right, there used to be a great shop nearby that I always went too, but they where expensive (edit: and they went bust a few months ago).

Also sorry to kind of thread hijack, but since your knowledgeable of bikes, I posted in the mechanical section a worrying issue I'm having, any chance you could take a quick look incase you can shed any light on it

This should be it: http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/16999-gear-changing-issue.html#post214544

added my 2 cents worth.... Hope it helps.

Z

Zealadin

Really appreciate that!
Haven't had a new bike before so it all seems like the end of the world if anything is wrong!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really appreciate that!
Haven't had a new bike before so it all seems like the end of the world if anything is wrong!

if it's any consolation, my gear box didn't feel great till about 16000km's, and now at over 30000 it feels smoother than ever!

Z

Zealadin

Well this is definately a long term bike for me, so thats something to look forward too!

nsikes

Reaction score
Visit site
Let me know if you need a business manager :thumbup:

I just graduated with my masters degree in business here in the US.

But, Maybe I would be interested in moving down south!

Hope it works out well for you. I wish I had the time/money to do the same thing up here...

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate, if you've got the place and are about to get stuck in cleaning up, you're going to need something to keep tje beers cold. My bar fridge is small but keeps stuff pretty cold. I'll just have to 'T' up with the old man and he can drop it here. It's in his shed at the moment.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate, if you've got the place and are about to get stuck in cleaning up, you're going to need something to keep tje beers cold. My bar fridge is small but keeps stuff pretty cold. I'll just have to 'T' up with the old man and he can drop it here. It's in his shed at the moment.

Little buddy, I will most definitely take that offer up! There will always be a cold beam and coke can in there for you for when you pop past!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool.

I'm sure you'll make a lot of riders happy.

:thumbup:

that's the plan....am sick of bke shops treatiung us like everyone else does...second class citizens!

there are good shops out there, but they are hard to find.....and i plan to recommend all the other good shops to as many people as possible!

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll have to drop in and check the joint out.
Great stuff Jamie, (and Gaz), just what this place needs.

When's the working bee... aka piss-up and clean the floor session??

working bee....looking like next weekend...maybe he sunday i was trying to get everyone to go for a ride on!!!!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sound like an awesome idea mate , hope all goes well for you guys.....I sure wish i was closer coz i'd be a regular :thumbup:......Rest assured though when i do get down that way on the bike (one of these days) i'll be popping my head in the door :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, went down to the new shop last night....measured things up, had a better look at the floor, took a couple of pics, which i am now going to share with you lot....as you can see, wew have a slightly soiled, blank canvas to work with! sorry boiut the crap quality of the photo's....camera was on wrong setting!

View attachment 17931

View attachment 17932

View attachment 17933

View attachment 17934

as you can see, the front door is quite ugly, but we will fix this, and the floor also needs lots of work....cleaning, painting.

other good news, is that Gazza got on the phone yesterday to a few bike shops around town, where we know people, and every one of them has said that they will be sending us detailing work!

Z

Zealadin

Awesome stuff, certainly looks like you got your work cut out for you, don't worry I'll be sure to visit (after all the hard works done!)