Setting up a workshop...lease sorted, time to get busy!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, as most of the SA fizzers know, i dont exactly have the most suitable residence for all my bikes, re room, security, and a suitabvle place to work.

I also have an axe to grind with how the dealerships deal with us bike riders...that is, they generally treat us like fools, and charge us like wounded bulls, when it comes to paying the bills!

I also have a mate, Gazza, who is very talented as a fabricator, fitter, and general mechanical & engineering wizz-kid.....

We have been toying with the idea of setting up a bike detailing, fabrication, accessories business for a while!

Well it's happening, we have just agreed to terms to take over a Garage - with shop front, at the Marion Industrial park on Marion Rd, the same complex as Hanby's the trye man is in, only at the rear of the complex...

First of all, it will be set up as a workshop.....lathe, grinders, pipe benders, metal folders, portable spray booth, pressure washers, etc, etc, etc.

Then in a few months time, we are going to open the business to the public as a detailing, fabrication, and custom accessories oultet for road bikes, off-road bikes, and Scooters!

It's going to be an old school style business.....service first, and also a place to come and hang out, and chew the fat, with a couple of bike nuts....

plenty of off street parking for bikes, coffee machine, lounge with tv, and a relaxed atmosphere....

Anyway, we get into the premises next week, and have lots of work today to get it up and running...

But, we are doing it! and i am thinking right now, that this can become the home opf the SA Fizzers, somewhere where you can all come to hang out, get stuff fixed on your bike, and have a bit of a laugh while you are there....

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey Wolfman,
that sounds awesome :rockon:

I will have to get some boys organised for a long trek over your way and check it out!

yeah we are not really in it for the money, neither of us are leaving our jobs to set it up, will be more a weekday evening, and weekend concern for us.....more a decent place to work on bikes, where we can help others, who have to deal with the same crap as us....

and we would more than welcome bike riders from other sates to come visit us, and hang out....the beer will be cold, the coffee hot, and the conversation full of bad stories!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What an excellent idea mate!

I,m right behind you guys with this one,if you need a hand just sing out :thumbup:

well, we have most of the tools and equipment we need between the 2 of us, so it sorta made sense...both of us are single, so we have the time...well sprta, in my case!

but the property is going to take a while to set up properly, and first thing on the agenda is to get the concrete floor clean, which is covered in varnish and paint from the furniture restorer that used to work out of the shed!

concrete cleaning machine's are not cheap! might have to set up a working bee....reward people with beer, barby, and priviledges at the shop!

:eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oooooh! just hads an idea...bikini bike wash, once a month on Saturday's.....sausage sizzle, beers, some eye candy, and a clean bike!

oh lordy.....

:spank::ban:

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey wolfman that sounds an awesome idea. I was just thinking the other day that we need something like that around here. When your business takes off you'll have to start a franchise out here!

Z

Zealadin

Hey wolfman that sounds an awesome idea. I was just thinking the other day that we need something like that around here. When your business takes off you'll have to start a franchise out here!

So true this, Sydney is really lacking in that kind bike shop!
Congrats Wolfman!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So true this, Sydney is really lacking in that kind bike shop!
Congrats Wolfman!

I think bike shops along these lines are lacking period! Too many shops out there that don't give a rats about the customer, just interested in their money and that's it!

Money ain't the be all, I think it's more about having fun, and sharing that fun with other like minded souls...
:thumbup: