Seat cowls

JBravo

Jedi Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
Where can I get seat cowls? Most members appear to have gone with TCP but after finding no ordering information on their site I emailed them and got this back:

Thank you for your email. TCP is in a restructuring of the company, and until further notice, there will be no service for private customers, so your email will not be answered. Best regards, TCP, S.A.
Unquote

Nice! So what next??

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
paqa7edu.jpg

I have a 08 blue one from Ermax, that I no longer have use for if you are interested: $40.

Edit: SOLD to forum member nip

Last edited:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine from powerbronze in the UK. (Motorcycle Bodywork, Huggers, Belly Pans, Screens, Mudguards, Seat Cowls, Fairings, Seats, Carbon Fibre etc. Powerbronze - Home)

It is cheaper than TCP and IMO better looking. It has one issue, the fixation system is bent metal tabs, and two of them will make contact with the underside of the seat and scratch your paint a little.
It is in the area that is under the seat so cannot be seen when the seat is on, but still it is not great! I personally don't care, i can't see it.

JBravo

Jedi Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
paqa7edu.jpg

I have a 08 blue one from Ermax, that I no longer have use for if you are interested: $40.

Looks like the colour doesn't match, not sure if it can be painted (or if I know somewhere where I can get that done!). Thanks though I'll look into it.

JBravo

Jedi Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine from powerbronze in the UK. (Motorcycle Bodywork, Huggers, Belly Pans, Screens, Mudguards, Seat Cowls, Fairings, Seats, Carbon Fibre etc. Powerbronze - Home)

It is cheaper than TCP and IMO better looking. It has one issue, the fixation system is bent metal tabs, and two of them will make contact with the underside of the seat and scratch your paint a little.
It is in the area that is under the seat so cannot be seen when the seat is on, but still it is not great! I personally don't care, i can't see it.

Thanks I emailed them to see if they can do one in blue (belly pan too), their site appears to only stock 2 or 3 colours as standard.

JBravo

Jedi Knight
Reaction score
Visit site

Oh and thanks for the installation info, is there a way to protect that scratching you mention? Rubber underlay between the two surfaces perhaps?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh and thanks for the installation info, is there a way to protect that scratching you mention? Rubber underlay between the two surfaces perhaps?

I had tried wrapping the metal tabs with electrical tape and that did not help.
Rubber might be a good idea, i might try that.
In all honesty it is not a big deal, it is the edge of the under saddle body work, two small scratches where the tabs must rub.
You only see them with the seat off.

I personally think their belly pan is a bit crap, don't like the mesh area,, IMO the one i got is nicer, got it from http://www.simpson-detour.co.uk/

Here, i put red circles where the marking happened on my bike. As you can see it is a pretty unnoticeable area once the seat is on.
My bike had this part painted in gloss black, which also probably makes it more susceptible to marking than the stock part which might have a tougher finish.

Last edited:

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the powerbronze one - paint quality on mine wasn't good and it scratched paint at all 4 tab points. They aren't visible but it's still indicative of a badly designed product, much like their belly pan from what I've read.

To each their own but you can get an Axio tailbag that looks good and has storage functionality for around the same price. No one ever noticed the cowl whereas I constantly get compliments on the Axio - it's pricey for a small tailbag but I've used mine on every ride for 2+ years and it's held up great.

JBravo

Jedi Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the powerbronze one - paint quality on mine wasn't good and it scratched paint at all 4 tab points. They aren't visible but it's still indicative of a badly designed product, much like their belly pan from what I've read.

To each their own but you can get an Axio tailbag that looks good and has storage functionality for around the same price. No one ever noticed the cowl whereas I constantly get compliments on the Axio - it's pricey for a small tailbag but I've used mine on every ride for 2+ years and it's held up great.

That's not a bad idea - I checked them out online they look really cool. I already have a soft tail pack (Oxford) that looks very ugly, so this is a good option.

I see they come in blue, any idea if it would match my blue bike

Thanks.