Seat Cowl 2006 - wanted.

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
newbie here in need of information. :Flash: I'm looking to buy a seat cowl for my 2006 but having trouble locating one.

only option is this one on e-bay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-FZ-6...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a34576daa&vxp=mtr

I've noticed a few postings from other members looking for the same but not many replies. Is it because not many seat cowl are available? :confused:

thank you in advanced for any advice, M

Last edited:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
It's the same one i have on my bike, IMO it is the better looking one available...
And one of the cheapest.

I think yamaha does one to and there was a brand called TCP products that did one but i am not sure they are still around.

The powerbronze you posted is really nice for the money. One thing i like is that you can still remove the seat without having to take it off, it attaches to the seat itself.
The only thing worth mentioning is that because of the way it attaches to the seat (bent metal tabs) i ended up having chips in my paint under the seat where the metal tabs rub against the underseat area.
They are not visible when the seat is on, but still, not great. I had wrapped the metal tabs in electrical tape to try and prevent that but it still did it.
Maybe a few small felt pads would prevent it...

Here is a picture showing where the paint "damage" was done:

154_5404_zpsca9d17c9.jpg

And here is my bike with the cowl on:

DSC_3906_zps9d59fb96.jpg

DSC_3880_zpsfe2e9024.jpg

Apart from the rubbing issue this is a great part, it is well made, nice thick material, nicely trimmed edges, shaped perfectly to the seat, i love it.

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow Carlos840 your bike looks great! I really like the naked look. :thumbup:

I'll take your advise and order a powerbronze cowl Monday morning!

Thank you for your input and advise :cheer:

Mike

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, since those pictures i have changed the handlebars and the foot pegs, it looks even better now!

If you want to avoid the damage to your paint see if you can find small rubber or felt pads like the ones you put under chair feet etc.

If you don't you will have scratches and then chips really fast.

Like i mentioned earlier wrapping the metal tabs in electrical tape does help a little but doesn't prevent it.