Fender Eliminator Kit

• Thread starter Deleted member 24810
  • Start date

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have that exact same one. I couldn't be happier with it. I also changed out my front turn signals to the same lights just to keep everything the same. The plate light is kinda dim but legal. Install was a breeze and pretty self explanatory. If you get the one with the FZ6 logo I think it hangs a little too low for my tastes.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had an eliminator that was probably from the same company. It came with my bike when I bought it used. The one on my bike had the identical signal lights. I replaced the unit because the signal lights, though LED, were way too dim to be much of an indicator in daylight. My wife and other people commented that they saw the tail light but not the signals. The plate light is very very weak even at night.

The unit you are looking at is designed to mount directly under the stop signal. The plate will hang down and act as a bit of a rain flap. The kind I had, mounted to the forward set of bolts that were originally for the stock fender, about 4" forward of the back of the stop light. It was just a straight bar and the plate was at a fairly oblique angle. Not bad if you don't want it to be readable. :D I haven't been out in the rain, but in that spot it would not help at all as a flap to reduce rain spray.

I really wanted brighter more noticeable signals (safety). I happened to find a guy with an FZ1 who replaced his rears so I bought the whole fender with the signals. I didn't want the fender so I bought an R&G Tail Tidy which is the only commercial unit that I found that is designed to handle the teardrop shaped stock signal stalks. The R&G mounts to the rear-most mounting position, same as the one you're looking at. It was about $124 which was more than most. It came with an LED plate light that works much better, and a set of plate hole extenders that are necessary because it is made in England and the holes for the plate are not in the same place needed for the US plates.

The design and workmanship is nice. I'm very happy with it. However the instructions are a WONDERFUL example of UNDERstatement. The person who wrote them says you can install the plate light without dismounting the tail light, but there's no way a human being could possibly get their fingers in there to turn the nuts. I had ti remove the section that has the light and grab bars, an also had to trim a bit of plastic from the underside of the black trim below the light so there was room to get the nuts started. Further, I had to loosen the heat shield on the muffler to get the rear-most set of mounting bolts in.

Still, I'm happy with it and wanted the larger stock signals front and back.