Season start?

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
As the season here in Denmark will start in 244 hours : 39 minutes : 33 second (Due to insurance rules), it got me wondering:

When does your season start?

EDIT: Now ONLY 227 hours : 10 minutes : 52 seconds

Last edited:
Any day the temp is above freezing. If it is close and they are calling for rain/snow then I won't.

So far I have probably missed commuting 3 weeks total. Most 'normal' riders in my area pack it up in oct/nov and get it out march/april.

Sorry bud, but I got a nice laugh at of the responses. I dont think here in the states, there is a pre determined season for the insurance. People just ride when ever they want. If it floats their boat to ride at night in the freezing rain, well thats why they have insurance.

-bryan

I hope here in Poland we can start riding about 1st of March. Right now there's plenty of snow everywhere. I think they won't use road salt anymore after that date. In March we usually get temp. over 0. No ice means no salt and that's what I care about. :)

My season will be from about Feb.22nd to December 15ish... I would like to think that i will ride year round next winter, but it gets too damn cold and snowy for a couple months...

So are the "insurance rules" actual laws? Or will no insurance company sell you insurance to ride whenever you want just because that's what those companies have decided?

If it's laws, I feel sorry for you guys letting your government dictate when you ride.

Here, I can buy insurance different ways. I can either buy year round coverage (what most people do), or I could customize my plan pretty much however I want, having coverage for riding only during whatever months I choose, and having storage insurance for the other months. Or if I wanted I could buy insurance every spring, and cancel it every fall when I want to be done riding. Granted companies don't like that, but they're making money so who cares.

So are the "insurance rules" actual laws? Or will no insurance company sell you insurance to ride whenever you want just because that's what those companies have decided?

If it's laws, I feel sorry for you guys letting your government dictate when you ride.

Here, I can buy insurance different ways. I can either buy year round coverage (what most people do), or I could customize my plan pretty much however I want, having coverage for riding only during whatever months I choose, and having storage insurance for the other months. Or if I wanted I could buy insurance every spring, and cancel it every fall when I want to be done riding. Granted companies don't like that, but they're making money so who cares.

We have 2 choices: 1st of March - 30 November or Year-round.
The Year round will cost approximately double of the "normal" one, so almost no-one gets the year-round.
Insurance is a bit more expensive (as everything else) here in Denmark than in the US, - so for a new rider the "normal" one would run anything from 1500us$ to 4500us$ a year. For an older rider it could properly be about half.
So doubling the price, to ride what would normally be 10 - 20 days extra a year .... don't make much sense to most people here.
It is not a law as far as I know, - but all the companies here in Denmark seems to have come to an agreement that that's "just how it is".

Wow, that's rough. Because the Winter down here in Oz is very mild (compared to you guys across the pond), here, you get insurance for when you want. If you don't ride during winter, you can get seasonal insurance, but most people (well, those that actually have insurance) get year round cover.

It's not compulsory to have insurance here, so if you don't want it, you don't buy it, and you can still ride when-ever you want.

My policy is about $490 a year, full cover for myself if I cause an accident, and $20 million cover for 3rd parties.

:)

our insurance goes on the assumption that you don't ride from november through march. but, i know plenty of riders who ride year round and are covered, because just because their insurance THINKS they don't ride, doesn't mean they aren't legally covered.

Wow, that's rough. Because the Winter down here in Oz is very mild (compared to you guys across the pond), here, you get insurance for when you want. If you don't ride during winter, you can get seasonal insurance, but most people (well, those that actually have insurance) get year round cover.

It's not compulsory to have insurance here, so if you don't want it, you don't buy it, and you can still ride when-ever you want.

My policy is about $490 a year, full cover for myself if I cause an accident, and $20 million cover for 3rd parties.

Here in Denmark insurance is by law. If you don't have insurance, -they will send out a copper to collect your licence-plate.
On top of our insurance we also pay environmental tax on anything motorized on wheels. (On a bike that like 120us$ a year). Again if you don't pay, they take away your licences-plates.

It is compulsory if you have a loan for the bike Dave.My policy is $361 for the year(QBE),who are you with ?

Back